The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 26, 2006, 11:20 PM   #1
rnovi

Burris Fullfield II scopes? Any Good?

I have been looking for a shorty-scope for my 35 Remington levergun. Basically I have found only a couple that really fit the bill: the Burris Fullfield II 1.75 -5 scope and the Leupold VXIII 1.5 - 5.

Cost:

Burris: $185
Leupold: $400.

I don't need anyone to tell me the Leupold VXIII is the better scope. I know that. I just really don't have any desire to spend $400 on a scope!

So What I want to know is, are the Burris scopes any good? by good, I mean clear, good low light useage while being durable.

"Remember, Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"
Old July 27, 2006, 12:26 AM   #2
hoghunting

The Burris Fullfield ll is a great scope. It has a 95% light transmission for brightness, which is much better than most scopes. The Leupold VX1 & VXll are in the 87-90%.

The Burris will handle recoil as I have one on a 300 WSM and a 338 WM and have not had a problem with either one. Check ebay and you can get one from some dealers for about $155-$165. Highly recommend the Burris.