The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 22, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1
befigard

FEG 9mm

I just aquired a FEG 9m-9HP made by KBI Inc....
It did not come with owners manual OR instructions...
I am having problems breaking it down and cleaning it. Is there someplace on line I can order an owners manual....or is there someone who can tell me how to break it down, clean and put it back together without messing up the gun?
PLEASE THANKS....and I can be emailed at befigard AT yahoo DOT com.
Old June 22, 2005, 12:49 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I believe that gun is a direct copy of the Browning High Power. Do a search on the latter and I think you will find the information you need.

Jim
Old June 23, 2005, 10:44 AM   #3
Ranger325

Greetings, I believe KBI is associated with Charles Daly firearms. If you go to their website and follow the 'Support' menu you can request a manual.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/index.asp

Hope this helps.
Old June 27, 2005, 08:53 PM   #4
Bob F.

How ya' like that FEG??
Old July 9, 2005, 06:41 PM   #5
tshadow6

feg

First, drop the mag and rack the slide to make sure the piece is empty. Second. lock the slide back by pulling the slide all the way back where the manual safety can engage the slide release slot. pop out the slide release lever and disengage the safety. the whole top end should slide off. Pick up a BHP manual.
Old July 11, 2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Jack Malloy

The only thing to keep an eye out when stripping one of these or a High Power is to make sure that when you put the recoil spring guide rod back in you have it in the right direction, otherwise the spring can kink.
One simple thing to test it (in case you forget to look for which side to put the little kidney shaped lug) is that when the slide is ready to put back on the frame push the recoil spring towards the barrel.If it sticks down, you did it wrong. If it pops back straight, you did it right.
High Powers are a joy to field strip and clean compared to other designs both old and new.....