The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 3, 2007, 10:10 PM   #1
Vitesse304

silly belt question

When you use a tactical, or shooting belt, do you wear it in your pant loops, or do you wear it over them?
Old October 3, 2007, 10:30 PM   #2
yar

Traditional belts go under the loops. You have to adjust your holster and mag carrier position accordingly.

Then there are the 2 belt systems such as the CR Speed High torque belt. It has a inner belt that goes under the belt loops. Then a rigid outer belt that velcros on top. The inner belt has the soft "loop" portion of the velcro on the outside. Then the outer belt has the pointy "hook" postion of the velcro on the inside. This way you have the full circumference of the belt to put your gear without the belt loops being in the way. The belt also has a hard plastic liner so the belt is super stiff and does not flex when you draw your gun or mags. The CR Speed is the best belt but I don't think it's IDPA legal if that is your game. Also make sure you get the CR Speed as the safariland has a similar set up but the velcro is reversed. The hook is on the inncer belt and is hard on your car seats on the way to the range. (when you wear the inner belt to keep your pants up.)
Old October 3, 2007, 10:44 PM   #3
Vitesse304

I'm shooting steel plate challenges and I'm trying to find a good belt. I currently just use my "everyday work belt", not a dress belt, and it's holding up, but I worry that the weight is stretching it out.
Old October 3, 2007, 11:07 PM   #4
yar

for steel plates you do lots of draws. The CR Speed belt will help you be more consistent. It is a worth wild investment.

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_...?ID=CRSP2001RB

Get the belt 2 sizes bigger than what you would normally wear. It should overlap some.