The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 31, 2009, 05:09 PM   #26
Flipper 56

Cheapest Mil-surp I saw at Gander was A Russian Mosin with an aftermarket camo stock......used $189. Any and all Mausers I have ever seen there were overpriced tomato stakes.
Old January 1, 2010, 03:06 PM   #27
HankC1

In the last couple years, I bought a couple surplus at Ganders, a P1/P38 at $249, a small ring mauser at $120. Also bought a like new Stevens 200 at $220, an excellent condition SW22 at $159-$10 coupon. But now, I don't see good deals on surplus at Ganders, but they still have good price on used guns from time to time.
Old January 2, 2010, 01:33 PM   #28
SigP6Carry

Quote:
Why in the world are you engaging the GM sales people in the price debates? They don't set the price and this is their place of employment - it's like them coming to your place of employment, looking around and saying "yep, I could get this product or service cheaper elsewhere..."
because used firearms are generally negotiable in price, especially when the prices are set so high. Similar to cars or guitars. So, I tend to try and haggle with people, rather than accept the price at face value. Especially when they're as high as they set them.