The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 12, 2000, 11:07 PM   #1
kjm

My day started out by having a cop buddy of mine call me over to the police garage with the offer to give me something. When I got there, he gave me a 5 gallon bucket full of once-fired Winchester brass (40 cal)! So far, I've counted 2500 pieces, but I'm still workin' on it. That ought to tide me over for a few months.
Then the SCOTUS decision just put icing on the cake. Time to go out and buy some powder, primers and bullets.

Thank's again ArmySon for the tumbler. It will recieve a workout in the next few weeks!
Old December 13, 2000, 07:40 AM   #2
WESHOOT2

Be very careful if that brass came from Glocks; there are reports of head separation after re-firing (substantiated, but not sure how many times the failed case(s) had been re-fired).

If it's "Beretta brass" (nickname for not-from-Glock fired cases) go for it!
Old December 13, 2000, 11:26 AM   #3
Poodleshooter

Happiness is lots of free brass from one lot, obtained from the local PD
Old December 13, 2000, 01:44 PM   #4
kjm

Weshoot2,
The brass is all from Texas Parks and Wildlife Department which is using S&W mod 99's. I don't know much about the pistol except it is that joint venture with Walther. I am presuming that I can go ahead and load them up. Thank's for the Glock info though. I'll have to check on that one since many of my friends use Glocks, and most of the Cops I know do too. I guess I wouldn't want their brass then.