The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 24, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Boberama

Sig lines and font?

I set my sig's font to Fixed Sys font, and it looks rather large, but I didn't change the font size?

Is this supposed to occur? I don't want my sig to be obnoxious or anything. I'm on an old monitor and it looks quite large.

Does it look acceptable on your screens?

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Roger Ronas

I'm new here so I haven't seen anything mentioned about how sigs should look, but I think yours is fine.

Roger
Old May 24, 2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

I wouldn't necessarily call it obnoxious, more like ostentatious, i.e., intended to attract notice. Why make it bold and in italics? The quote isn't exactly noteworthy enough for all that highlighting and it will tend to overpower anything you actually say in a post.
Old May 24, 2011, 09:17 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

Lady Gaga: modern day Shakespeare?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old May 25, 2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Boberama

Thanks for your input.

I wanted to make sure there weren't any standards for signatures that I was in breach of.

I wanted the signature to be highly visible, since I want to proclaim the fact that I am a fan, so that I wouldn't be tempted to make off-topic posts, etc, which is something I have a problem with on many sites.

I noticed that when I hold Ctrl and rotate the mouse wheel, the size of the webpage decreases, but my signature stays the same size. Weird.

Thanks all.