The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 31, 2006, 09:42 AM   #1
ddtdhunter

Beretta 1201fp

recently bought a used 1201fp. I saw where it was suppose to have a 5 or 6 round mag capactiy, but i am only able to load 2. any suggestions, also how do you take the end to the mag off?
Old April 2, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I don't know this gun, but if it is new, call the factory. Check the instructions on loading the magazine. The most common problem when a magazine won't accept a full compliment of rounds is a cartridge tilting and jamming the follower. There may be a right and wrong way to start them into the magazine. The other possibility is cartridges with too much overall length. Try a different brand or nose style.

If the factory says the behaviour isn't normal, they may send you a new magazine free, so it is worth calling just for that possibility.

Good luck with it.

Nick
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old April 3, 2006, 05:18 AM   #3
mete

It most likely has the plug in it to make it a legal three round gun for waterfowl !! Check to tube and remove the plug.The 1201 is in fact a Benelli, very similar to the Benelli M1 90 [beretta owns part of Benelli ].