The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 16, 2010, 03:48 PM   #1
1075Hoehn

Glenfield 60 Misfeed

I recently picked up an abused Glenfield 60. After I broke it down and cleaned it, I took it to the range and suffered through several misfeeds. About every third round came out unfired, with the bullet bent over slightly. The action would remain open, and in cases where the shell did fire the spent casing was cleanly ejected. I took it apart again and found that the arm that raises the bullet through the feed throat was catching on the bottom edge. The riser spring is pullihg the arm slightly to toward the side the spring is mounted on, causing it to catch the underside edge of the feed throat. This seems wrong to me, but I have no history with these types of rifles. The arm only catches for a moment, then slams upward, which leads me to believe the misfeeds are being caused by the sudden upward release of tension.

Assuming I'm right, how do I go about getting the arm realigned with the slot in the feed throat? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Tags
glenfield , marlin