The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 11, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1
NewfoundlandOutdoors

SKS Casing Deflector

Hey all. I just ordered a choate scope mount for my sks and I'm wondering about the ejected cartridges hitting the scope. I know I'm going to need a deflector and that there aren't really any out there (as far as i can tell) that are built for the choate scope mount so I'm guessing I'm going to have to make one which, from what I've read, is what most other people had to do. I'm wondering how exactly you would make one, but more importantly, how you would fit it onto the mount? Would you just weld it to the mount itself or would you make a thin tab extending from the deflector long enough to squeeze between the scope rings and the mount? I have no idea how I'm going to do this and would really appreciate some help. Thanks to all who reply.

P.s If anyone has a Choate mount with a makeshift deflector could you post a picture of how to fit it to the mount (If possible of course)
Old March 11, 2013, 11:04 AM   #2
guncrank

A sheet metal piece screwed to mount would be the way I would do that.
Machine Shop and Finishing Services to the trade and public