The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 23, 2013, 09:40 PM   #26
Hairbag

Davidsons online has a 1 PM45 left if your interested
Old January 23, 2013, 10:40 PM   #27
iraiam

a friend of mine is in the same boat, he settled on a used Walther PPK, choices were limited but walther is a quality piece.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old January 23, 2013, 10:42 PM   #28
jetboater

Also check out Blackwing Shooting Center about 20 mins north of Columbus--- I was there last week--- very limited range ammo selection left but still quite a few pistols and a lot of carry ammo in stock.
Old January 24, 2013, 07:40 AM   #29
Nytelyte

Quote:
Also check out Blackwing Shooting Center about 20 mins north of Columbus--- I was there last week--- very limited range ammo selection left but still quite a few pistols and a lot of carry ammo in stock.
Good. I'm on my way up there this evening with a buddy to put in a bit of time at the range & to get some 9mm GDHP, which I couldn't find ANYWHERE. I could have switched to the Hornady Critical Duty, but then I have to buy multiple boxes to run a mag through the 19 and the 26, and ..... $$$$$.
I'll glance in the gun cases and see if I see any of the above for you, jeep, maybe save you a trip.
Old January 24, 2013, 12:20 PM   #30
jeepmcd

I called Black wing last week and got on their "wish-list", but I am guessing that I am way down the list. Maybe they will be getting some in soon. Let me know, thanks.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:58 PM   #31
Nytelyte

Well.. They had less in stock than I thought. Prices haven't risen, though, they are keeping things they way they were. I'd spend my money there for that reason alone.
Bought some range and defense ammo there too. They didn't have GDHP, so I got the Hornady Crit Duty 135grn, worked just fine in the G26.
Old January 27, 2013, 03:37 PM   #32
SteveBonning

Get your C & R license (about 30 days) and look at the CZ 82, Polish P-64 or any number of other great old guns well-suited for CC. They're relatively inexpensive and you'll have one long before this market cools down.
Old January 27, 2013, 06:00 PM   #33
DougU

Do you want slim as in single stack or just compact? You might look into the .45acp or the .40S&W (although this one tends to sting abit in small guns). I would look into the Kahrs or maybe the new XDS which all of the big boxes seem to have for $579.00 right now. A co-worker was going to the DSM gun show this weekend to try and beat that price........I told him good luck
Old January 28, 2013, 08:42 AM   #34
jeepmcd

My Shield Hunt Continues...

I took some of the good leads on this thread but had little to no luck tracking down a Shield at a reasonable price point. I went to a local show over the weekend and a few local shops but pickings were slim. After fighting through the crowd, I only managed to over pay for 9mm ammo and spend too much for range fees (gonna start another thread about that).

Please keep the leads coming, I figure my luck will improve sometime soon.
Old January 28, 2013, 09:24 AM   #35
jbrown27

Springfield XDS. Its very slim and gives you 5+1 of 45acp. Shoots great and recoil is not bad at all. Mine has 600+ through mine and has been flawless. My 2 cents.
Old January 28, 2013, 10:30 AM   #36
jeepmcd

I would consider the XDs except I am looking for 9mm. Mostly because I wish to keep my ammo situation simple. If I can't find a shield by the time the XDs in 9mm is launched I will surly hunt for that option as well.
Old January 28, 2013, 11:34 AM   #37
915A

I hope they make the XDs in .40