The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 26, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1
g20gunny

Unknown distance range at NRA Whittington center

Just wondering if anyone here has shot on it and what it's like. I really cant find anything about it online other than their classes they offer there. Last year I was shooting on their high power silhouette range at the 1100 yard buffalo silhouette and got an invite to the barret unknown distance range by another shooter, he said that he had reserved it and I was welcome to join him but passed since I was a little shy of minutes on my scope base, this year I am good to a mile and will be returning in a few weeks with hopes to get on the unknown distance range and was hoping to hear some past experiences from anyone here who has been on it.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." --George Washington
Old July 28, 2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

Friend of mine who lives in Colorado Springs and goes to Whittington to shoot may have been.

I'll shoot him an e-mail.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old July 28, 2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

My friend says the only range he knows of where there are targets with unassociated distances is the sight-in range.

He's unaware of one called the unknown distance range.

Old July 30, 2014, 05:56 AM   #4
g20gunny

Here is one reference to their unknown distance range, I believe they use something like three long distance ranges for the elr1-3 classes and the weekend I will be there they said that the unknown distance range will be available. I guess if nobody has heard of it I will just have to check it out and give you guys an update when we get back.
Either way it's going to be a blast.
http://www.gundigest.com/shooting-ar...-whittington-u
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." --George Washington
Old July 30, 2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Mike Irwin
Staff

Interesting. Please do fill us in when you get back. I'll pass it along to my friend.