The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 28, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1
vito

How do you stop the monthly charge to the WWP?

As a Vietnam war vet I have great respect and sympathy for our wounded warriors, and have been supporting the WWP for a few years now. Although the other WWP thread has been closed, I am not sure if I want to continue supporting them or not, but going to the website I can't figure out how I would get them to stop charging the monthly fee to my credit card. Anyone else gone through this, and successfully discontinued the monthly sponsorship?
Old November 28, 2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I suggest using the email or phone number on the right side of this page.

Anyone posting in this thread is advised that posts are ONLY in regard to methods for contacting the WWP about donations. It is NOT to continue the previous discussion.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:50 PM   #3
jhenry

I would call them up and explain in a firm, clear and polite manner exactly why you are withdrawing your support. Then insist that they stop taking your money immediately.
Old November 28, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4
OEF-Vet

^^^
+1

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton Jr
Old November 28, 2012, 06:22 PM   #5
skywag

The easiest way is to call the credit card company and tell them you've lost your card.
Old November 28, 2012, 06:50 PM   #6
leadchucker

Quote:
The easiest way is to call the credit card company and tell them you've lost your card.
Then, the credit card company will immediately close your account... and then you have to get a new credit card. Big hassle.

WWP should stop the charges if you contact them and ask them to. If they don't, call the credit card company and dispute the associated charges. Closing your credit card account should be a last resort.
Old November 28, 2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

It should be possible to just call the card company and tell them you have withdrawn authorization for that particular monthly charge, and the bank should note that to your account record. It should not be necessary to close the account and get a new card issued.
Old November 29, 2012, 03:51 PM   #8
medalguy

I received a mail donation request again this month as we have made significant year-end donations for several years. This time I simply sent them a letter stating my position on 2A rights and explaining that I was making a donation to the DAV this year, and requested that they cease sending me solicitations.

All that should be necessary is a letter to them, or a phone call, and they should stop your deduction. This is a reason I don't like recurring donations and prefer to make once a year donations.