The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 10, 2010, 03:42 PM   #26
Hunter Customs

The bullet I'm using is a Nosler 95 grain BT. With this bullet and load the rifle is shooting 3/8 inch groups at 100yards.
This is the only coyote I've shot with this load that ran off, that's why I was so surprised. All the others shot with this load dropped dead in their tracks (and that's been many through the years) and never so much as ringed their tail like some do when they are dying.
I'll stick with this load for this rifle and I'm still considering going with heavier bullets in my two 22 caliber guns.
I do have another 243, it's a shorter barrel lighter weight gun that I'm going to try some Sierra 85 grain hollow points in.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com
Old March 10, 2010, 05:26 PM   #27
markj

Quote:
after 150 yards
Havent shot one that far out. Farthest shot I have had on a yote was 100 yards with my 30-06. Shot one a month ago 40 yards out or so with a 12 ga slug. Dropped in his tracks. He was eating on a dead deer, saw him the day before so I took the shotgun next time and got him.

Later on there was a bald eagle eating on that deer.