The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 24, 2008, 11:59 AM   #1
skydiver3346

6.5x55 reloading?

I need someone out there that really does a super great job of reloading rifle ammo for deer hunting. Would be for caliber 6.5x55 Swede, (bullets in the 139-140 Gr. size). They are for a Blazer R93 rifle.

My commercial 6.5 ammo just isn't that consistent and want tack driving accuracy if possible. Of course, my own personal ability to shoot good would help as well. Anyone out there available to load me some? I will pay for powder, bullets, primers and cases plus your charge for loading them. Thanks for your help.
Old December 24, 2008, 01:01 PM   #2
mkl

To get "tack driving" accuracy, you are going to have to reload for your individual gun.

Unfortunately, there is no magic load that gives super accuracy in all guns. Each gun is different as to how it will perform with a given bullet/powder/primer/case combination. Only experimentation with your gun will give you the combination that is accurate in your gun and it will be unique to your gun. There are a lot of technical reasons for this, but barrel harmonics is one of the main ones (goggle for info).

As an example, both my friend and I have .243's that will shoot 3/4 inch five shot groups at 100 yards using our handloads. If I shoot his loads in my gun, the groups open up to about three inches; same thing happens when he shoots my loads in his gun.

A second point is that most of us will not reload for anyone except ourselves due to liability issues. Should one of our reloads go ka-boom in someone else's gun (unsafe gun, plugged barrel, etc.) the potential for a lawsuit is simply more than we wish to risk. As an aside, I also believe it is against Federal law us to reload for someone else unless we purchase a Federal commercial reloading license.

Get a book or two on reloading and read up about it. I think you will find it a most enjoyable hobby in itself. Only reloading will give you the tack driving accuracy in your rifle that you are after.
Old December 24, 2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Do it yourslef, I have a Blaser and here are some formulae

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...ltimate+6.5x55

WildmerryxmasAlaska ™
Old January 1, 2009, 09:53 AM   #4
skydiver3346

thanks for advice on reloading 6.6x55

appreciate your help. Rick
Old January 1, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5
skydiver3346

Wildalaska: Hi Ken

Thanks for your loading advice on my Blaser R93 in the 6.5x55 caliber. Sounds like you definitely know what you are doing with your Blaser and this particular caliber. Could you email me a quick response at this address so I can ask you a question about loading? Thanks for your help bud. Rick

[email protected]