The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 26, 2010, 03:38 PM   #1
nefprotector

Ankle or boot holsters?

Who makes a good but inexpensive ankle or boot holster for the Kel Tec P32?
Old March 26, 2010, 09:46 PM   #2
cloudcroft

Answer: Uncle Mike's "Sidekick" Cordura black nylon ankle holster, Size # 10.

Have used these for about 15 years for my Beretta 21A and wear it all day long....very comfortable all day long and sometimes forget it's even there. I do not use the calf support strap as there is no need to.

Presently I'm using a larger version (Size # 1) for a compact 9mm...the Beretta's ankle holster I still use: On my other ankle to carry a spare mag for the 9.

-- John D.

P.S. Nylon isn't bothered by getting wet and if it does, dries out quickly. Leather ankle holsters are at least 2X as expensive, and I'm sure they are good (like the $253 Kramer ankle holster) but for ME, I just don't see the advantage of them over my cheaper Uncle Mike's. I have NO complaints and will stick with them.

Last edited by cloudcroft; March 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old March 30, 2010, 07:39 PM   #3
JoeBob

I got a WRB ankle holster from a local dealer that works real well with my P3AT and wasn't expensive. I had some other "cheap" holster that put the P3AT right on my ankle bone and was VERY uncomfortable.
Old April 1, 2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Straightshooter629

IMHO, the Uncle Mike's Sidekick is the best value in "inexpensive" holsters. When I have occasion to carry my Bersa .380, I carry it in the Uncle Mikes, but I always use the calf strap. It seems to give a little more support and I don't have to worry about the holster sliding. A little tip...wear socks that allow you to pull it over the holster. When you sit, your pant leg tends to ride up, and the sock will help in concealing your weapon.
Old April 8, 2010, 11:13 AM   #5
isanchez2008

I own an uncle mikes ankle holster for my J frame. Not worth the money in my opinion. Gonna pick up a galco instead