The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 5, 2007, 09:22 AM   #1
c.j.sikes

pacific press

i purchased a pacifib c press from ebay. it is old press and come with 2 dies. it appears to be half jacket dies. one looks like it might be 30 cal. and the other probaly 35 cal. it has a priming arm and a clip for changing shell holders. no tool for knocking out bullets and no shell seating tool. patent 1938940. the dies have no markings and are black in color . question? assuming this is all so where can i get missing parts and can i use it fo swg. full jacket bullets. c.j. sikes thanks for your time.
Old June 5, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
LHB1

CJ,
If memory serves correctly, Hornady bought Pacific Reloading Tools. You might try calling Hornady at 800-338-3220 and talk to Doug at X206. He may be able to tell you if any parts or information still exists for the Pacific bullet swage press and dies. I don't see any such products listed in Hornady's 2007 catalog.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB
Old June 6, 2007, 08:15 PM   #3
c.j.sikes

pacific press

thanks for info. i do rember hornaday buying out pacific. i also have pacific and hornaday 366 shot gun presses both brands about same thanks for reply, will call them. cjs
Old June 6, 2007, 09:12 PM   #4
cheygriz

Pacific made good, rugged, durable equipment.
Old June 7, 2007, 04:53 PM   #5
wdm004

I, too, have a Pacific C press. The original Pacific color was blue. During the process of the change of ownership the color of products changed to red. I have seen both blue and red Pacific products. My press is red. I haven't observed any differences in the presses between blue and red other than the color and the labeling. The 'change-over' labels added "a division of Hornady" in small lettering underneath the "Pacific".

When the change-over of ownership was complete, there were some (generally minor) changes made to some of the products that remained in the catalog. For instance, the Lock-N-Load powder measure added a spring-loaded button to release the micrometer powder measuring unit. My Pacific powder measure looks identical, but has a setscrew securing it. The case trimmer had some minor changes also, but all pilots and cartridge holders are still the same. And the labels no longer mentioned Pacific.

I concur with LHB1 that Hornady can be helpful on some Pacific products. They sent me a manual for my Pacific (a division of Hornady) shotgun shell loader after the manual went missing. For free.

Good luck with your press, I enjoy using mine.

Dan