The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 10, 2002, 05:44 PM   #1
Dannyboy

South Jersey Ranges

I found the Atlantic County Range but I really don't feel like shooting somewhere where I'll be treated like a child with some off-duty cop standing over my shoulder the whole time. Not to mention that I have to go back for 2 separate classes over the next 3 weeks before I can even shoot. Does anyone know of any other ranges in the South Jersey area? I haven't been to the range in over a year now and I'm having serious withdrawal issues.
Old June 10, 2002, 06:17 PM   #2
RAY WOODROW 3RD

here you go......

There is Delran Junior Marksman in Delran of course. You can check them out at:

http://www.delranjuniormarksman.com

Also Telco Sportsmen's Club Inc. in Atco, N.J.
email for them is: [email protected]

I am a member of Delran but they are only open on the weekends from 12:00 noon till around 4:30. I was never at Telco so I can't tell you what that is all about. I just happened to have their card in my wallet.

If you have a hunting license and are looking for a club to join that has a range you can check us out at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fsimil...ye/GUNCLUB.HTM

"The key to success in ANY battle is effective communications."

From NJ? Check out "njcsd.com"
Old June 11, 2002, 09:42 AM   #3
Quantrill

South Jersey Ranges

Dan,
There is "Cumberland Riflemen" with a 600 yard range on Rt. 49 outside of Millville, and" USANA" in Elmer with all kind of ranges indoor and out. There is "Menhaden Marksmen" in Heislerville off Rt. 47. Quantrill
Old June 11, 2002, 12:35 PM   #4
jmlv

Central Jersey in Jackson NJ

Nice club, fantastic ranges, rules a little annal, expensive to join.
But once you are in its not bad. Right close to Six Flags great Adventure.
MOLON LABE!
Old June 11, 2002, 04:40 PM   #5
Dannyboy

Thanks for the info, guys. Quantrill, how is that range in Millville? I've never had the opportunity to shoot over 100 yds and would love to try.
Old June 12, 2002, 07:43 AM   #6
Quantrill

Millville Range

Dan,
I WAS a member of Cumberland Riflemen years ago. I gave it up because I was a member of too many different clubs. When I was there, It had a 600 yard range, a 100 yard range and a 25 yard pistol range. I understand from other shooters that they have an active competition oriented rifle team. It is on Route 49 a few miles east of Millville on the left hand side (going east) across from a Conectiv (elec co) facility. There was talk that they were going to move because of conflicts with neighbors but as far as I know, that has not taken place. Quantrill
Old June 19, 2002, 12:48 PM   #7
Tankcommander

central Jersey

Can you get to Fort Dix, the Fort Dix Rod and Gun Club is open to civilians as well as military. It has a 200 meter rifle range 25 meter pistol bow and trap and skeet. The Rifle range is good from 25 to 200 meters and target selection is pretty wide open.

For Civilians membership is $50 a year and $3.00 an hour to shoot. Its open Wed nights 1630 to 2100 and Sat and Sun 0900 to 1630. I shoot there all the time. Relaxed atmosphere run some what like a military range with ceasefires called to check targets every 30 min or so. But no one is concerned with what or how you shoot as long as you are safe. Each firing point has a shaded table. Its a good deal. Military menmbers pay $25 a year.

TC

Steel on Target!

"ALLONS"11th ACR
Old June 25, 2002, 09:45 AM   #8
Rob Pincus

Have you considered membership in a hunting club? Many of them in the area have their own ranges for member usage. I know of two on Weymouth Rd just outside of Mays Landing off the Black Horse Pike. There is another on Rt 50, in Estell Manor.

I grew up shooting in the sand pits on Weymouth Rd, but those were the good 'ol days.
Old June 30, 2002, 11:42 AM   #9
DrStrangelove

Hey

Dannyboy, sorry, no referral of a gun range, but I grew up in S. Jersey and left about 15 years ago. Just wondering how things are out there.

I grew up in Magnolia. Kind a miss the place. Anyway, a south jersey update would be nice.

Pax,
Brad
Old July 5, 2002, 10:08 AM   #10
Dannyboy

Thanks guys

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm gonna check out the range in Millville this weekend. I might try to get to the range at Ft. Dix fairly soon. Being an a former Army man, I think I'd rather shoot there. At least I'd know what I was dealing with.

DrStrangelove, considering I've been back here a year after spending 3 years in Texas, it's not so bad. I'd still rather be in Texas, though. Now that it's summer and all the tourists are here, however, it's more interesting. In both good and bad ways, depending on if you're at the beach or not . I don't know where Magnolia is but if you've been to AC before, you would be shocked at what it looks like now. It's still a dump but it looks a lot better. Overall, I'd say it's still pretty much the same here. That said, I think it's a better place to visit than to live. It's way too expensive and there are a whole lot more people here nowadays.