The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 10, 2004, 10:39 PM   #1
ddj8052

Pics of HD Shotgun.

Well guys, I picked up my new Mossberg 590a1 today. This gun has been built by Vang Comp systems. It features the Vang Comp System, Speed Feed stock, Magazine extension, Surefire forend, Tactical Sling, Ghost ring sights, 2 tone finish olive drab and black, and some trigger work. I may have left something out . These are not the best pics in the world, but I wanted to shot it off. I will take some better pics later. Let me know what you guys think. This is the part where I normally ask for suggestions on what to do next, but I really can't think of anything else. I intend to use Winchester Ranger 00 buck in the mag and keep Winchester 2.75" slugs in the Speed Feed stock. Thanks guys for any comments or suggestion Juan.

590a1:

Vang Comp System:

Speed Feed:

Surefire forend:
Old August 11, 2004, 08:41 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Nice shotgun.

What you do next is shoot it. BA/UU/R until it feels like a body part.
Old August 12, 2004, 08:19 AM   #3
NBergeron

I'll second that. Very nice shotgun. I really like how shell lifter stays out of the way on the Mossys. I think that yours is the first one that I have seen with a Surefire on it. Looks like it ought to work real well.