The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 13, 2011, 09:59 AM   #26
Pahoo

Quote:
Now I really don't understand why you insist on treating the population of in-line shooters with such disdain.

Feeling of disdain lie in deep seated feeling toward Side-Locks and In-Line. These feeling are valid and to be respected. My passion lies in Side-Locks and I view In-Lines much as I view shotguns. They are just another firearm. They certainly don't threaten my passion nor are they trying to deminish those feelings. The fact that they are called Muzzleloaders makes little or no difference to me, for I know the difference. I'm sure that In-Liners don't understand our attitude or really give a rat's patoody.

My conversation with In-Liners lasts about five minutes, tops. My conversation with Front-Stuffers could go on for hours. Ran into my old outlaw bunch yesterday and it was great getting caught up with old news. Just wish we could have had a good campfire to go with it. Sadly many have passsed on but the side-locks live on. Hey, I'm happy !!! ....

Be Safe !!!
Old March 13, 2011, 10:24 AM   #27
mykeal

Rifleman1776, Hawg and Pahoo -

All good points, and it will perhaps surprise you that I agree with all of it. I certainly know the difference between a Chambers or a Stith and a CVA Omega; when I pick up a Chambers flintlock I literally don't feel worthy, and the CVA, well, toss it in the back of the truck and let's go home. And I also don't want to debate whether in-lines are good or bad, or their advocates are the next coming or simply asylum escapees. That's not been my point and I'm disappointed I haven't made that clear.

The fact of the matter is the in-lines are more popular, and the traditional guns are losing out. I don't think that's good. it's up to us to fix it and we don't do that by making it clear to the in-line owners that they're not considered sentient humanoids by the rest of us.

Look, I don't blame you for not liking the in-line guns. I don't either. But I believe we have to put that aside to get them to listen to us. That's where the new traditional shooters are going to come from. If we don't show at least some respect, they won't pay attention, and Matt and Tony won't sell another Southern Mountain or Virginia long rifle.

Last edited by mykeal; March 13, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old March 13, 2011, 10:45 AM   #28
Pahoo

Quote:
CVA Omega
CVA doesn't make the Omega .......
But they use to make some decent Side-Locks. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old March 13, 2011, 11:22 AM   #29
Hawg

CVA doesn't MAKE anything. They import.