The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 24, 2010, 07:33 AM   #26
oneounceload

Quote:
Which is more "reliable"... the single trigger or double trigger system?
Depends on the gun - some have great single triggers, some are a little scary and you're better off with two.

Quote:
Oneounce: I have tried Sporting Clays with a SXS. That was great fun. Too bad there's no facility close by; if there were, I'd shoot it more. Same for skeet.
Pete
Staten Island is only trap? You could always make a nice day of it and go to Orvis Sandanona........
Old August 24, 2010, 08:08 AM   #27
darkgael

Trap

Oneounce: Staten Island S.C. is Trap only. I've been there every Wednesday lately.
Sandanonna - now there's a facility. I treated myself to their shotgun instruction a few years ago when I retired. Very nice. It is, though, a full day affair to go there and shoot. I just may do that though. Good idea.
I am a member at the North Mt. Sportsman's Club (http://www.northmt.com/)
not too far from a home I have in PA. They have a state of the art NSSF Bunker Trap facility - but I haven't gotten to try it...yet.
Pete
Old August 24, 2010, 08:59 AM   #28
oneounceload

We have a bunker facility just up the road in Gainesville. Haven't tried that yet - I'm usually at the sporting clay clubs in the region.

Back on topic -

At any of the places I shoot, I haven't seen a coach gun used for clays. I tried skeet once with my HD Mossberg just for grins - THAT was a waste of targets and ammo........