The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 6, 1999, 12:42 AM   #1
John/az2

I am looking for a pair of binoculars that have a longer eye relief that is designed for eye-glass wearers.

It's a pain to have to remove my glasses when I want to use a pair of binoculars.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
Old November 6, 1999, 04:31 AM   #2
oberkommando

This might not be much help, but a buddy of mine has a pair of STEINER 8X56 HUNTERS and they have individual focus for each eyepiece so you wont need the glasses. Will post if I hear anything, Sorry couldn't be of much help.

My smartass reply would be to mount 2 vari-x handgun scopes together, hey.... it could work, hehehe.
Old November 6, 1999, 05:38 AM   #3
JA

I have Bushnell camo rubber armored 10x50 "glasses on" model #13.1008. They are great and very clear. I can finally see the full field of view. No more black ring around the outside. There are several other models in the "glasses on" series. I got them from SWFA for $89+ shipping. Check them at www.riflescopes.com
Old November 6, 1999, 09:17 PM   #4
Spencer Stewart

I have a pair of Nikon Action series 7x35 for ~$115. These have rubber eyecups which can fold back in order for the user to get closer. These are a good value I think. Academy has them. I would advise going by to see if the extra closeness helps any.

Spencer
Old November 6, 1999, 10:41 PM   #5
orsogato

Hi,

The Burris Signature Series has a full 1 inch worth of eye relief in the 10x50mm model.

The Burris Fullfield Porro Binocular in the 10x50mm also has a full one inch worth of eye relief.

The fullfield is the Best binocular for the dollar value you will find. The Signature series is awesome and the optics are as good as any European binocular that costs twice as much.

Hope that helps.

Orso.