The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 8, 2013, 06:48 AM   #1
rotten mick

Extreme bullets.

Ok, my goodies arrived. Lee 90640 press delivered, and got my powder and primers locally (autocomp&cci500) but not the bullets. Out of stock or sky high prices.

Any one have experience with these Extreme bullets? They are made here in NV. the problem is its in stock, but at my 2nd least favorite shop with staff I wouldn't trust to walk outside and then come back inside and tell me if it was raining or not. But damn if the dont have it on the shelves and I could get 1000 9mm 124gr TMJ plated @ $115 out the door.

Price actually appears good and I could have it today. My concern is why so flush with stock when ever other brand is out of stock? Im hopefully excited that its just becase its made in the state and sold local stores first. I just dont want to get stuck with an open box of bullets that I dont like, or is that too picky?
The rest of them have to touch an electric fence"..... Will Rogers.
Old September 8, 2013, 07:09 AM   #2
countryboyejb

Have used 45 ACP with good results, but I shoot for fun not competition.
Old September 8, 2013, 07:25 AM   #3
rotten mick

Same here.... well friendly comp with buddy's. Nothing official just our spin on shooting scenario's. Hostage, barricade and whatever else we can come up with using training anyone of us have gone thru for work or fun and pass on to each other. But it DOES burn up ammo. LOL. And even buying bulk its not been cheap but do able but with my big outdoor club it about 10 minutes away I've been shooting more and more i had to try reloading.
Old September 8, 2013, 01:20 PM   #4
LE-28

I use a lot of Extreeme bullets, they are excellent. Rocky Mountain Reloading on the net has them in stock quite often.
I believe they are one of the best plated bullets out there. Suck it up and go get them.
Old September 8, 2013, 01:57 PM   #5
rotten mick

Ok... I went to the shop I really dont like. Hope they dont make much $ off the sale but I got 1000 of them. Going to sit down after lunch and do 100. 1 mag(15rounds) @ the next to minimum charge@ 4.8gr and one @ max 5.2gr.then 2 mags each @ 4.9, 5.0 and 5.1grs.

May even sneek out and shoot em off later. Hope they all go bang and not boom.
Old September 8, 2013, 02:06 PM   #6
rotten mick

Rocky Mountain Reloading

Thanks for the heads up on Rocky Mountain Reloading. Prices look good and shipping too.
Old September 8, 2013, 05:05 PM   #7
BigD_in_FL

Used to buy Xtreme back when they were called Western NV/West Coast bullet and the lead and plated operations were separate - still shooting them up 10 years after I moved away

Treat their plated like Berry's as far as lads go - no more than md-jacketed speed
Old September 8, 2013, 11:06 PM   #8
mmb713

I shoot X-treme's almost exclusively. Have for years. They are really good shooters. They were out of stock for months after Sandy Hook and stopped taking orders but they are starting to catch up. There's nothing wrong with their products. They just caught up faster than everybody else. If you don't like dealing with that store you can always order them factory direct. That's what I do.

http://www.xtremebullets.com/
Old September 9, 2013, 12:10 PM   #9
rotten mick

Well its official, I'm am idiot.... made 100 up & 100 went bang. Iliked the 5.0@124 blend just right. Tossed the brass just how I like it. I always just bought in bulk and really didn't think to much about it. It was just the cost to ride.

Whole new thinking now. Really happy with the reloads. Im even more over the re manufactured stuff i bought last time here locally. It cost $323 for 1000 9mm 124gr TMJ I just worked it out to finish making the 1000 of mine and buying supplies local it cost me $178. With powder let to make at least 400 more rounds. If I write in the equipment cost into the first 1000 rounds its about $425 for the first 1000 and each 1000 after will be about $160(powder getting 1400-1500 rounds). Amazing that $0.42 each the first 1000 with the equipment cost written off. Then its going to be about $0.16 or so after that!!!! Ive been paying $0.24 to $0.33 with a few times high as $0.38 per round for 115gr target rounds even though I prefer to shoot the 124 & 147gr.

Im on the band wagon. There should be a R.A (reloaders anonymous) program!!!!! Gotta go buy more guns to shoot. Now i can shoot two and a half times more bullets it wasnt the normal cost that pushed me but it was the fools jacking prices and low supply.

Plenty or stock locally. Not full shelves but there is stock. Im going out and stock up right now for 5000 rounds worth of powder, primers and bullets. Its a little more than I see online but no hazmat or waiting for delivery

Last edited by rotten mick; September 9, 2013 at 02:39 PM.