The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 26, 2012, 04:29 PM   #26
rha600

only thing is, if they are not a well formed group with a well formed plan they could also easily panic. And if that happens they could probably start shooting.
Old March 26, 2012, 11:47 PM   #27
Verbal Clint

Good point rha. The 2 things you don't want...well-trained assailants with a solid plan, and complete idiots that enter panic mode and go nuts.

It deserves a mention that I didn't actually check out the story or know the specifics of that attack. I was speaking more in generalities. I still maintain that without my children there, my fight instinct will probably overtake flight. Dumb or not, that is my opinion. I agree with anybody who would surrender or anything in between. As I have always said, making a decision is always the best decision. Whatever you do, don't second guess yourself.
Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe."
Old March 31, 2012, 04:28 AM   #28
Brit

I worked out my security when I first moved in to my house in 2004, remote turns off alarm, lights are on, front door, garage wall. Remote opens garage.

Back in to garage, remote garage door closed, exit in to house. Feet never touch ground outside.

No one stands around in our development, am I glad I live were I live!

Glock 19 on belt, always!

Half a dozen assailants on street? Move.