The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 16, 2000, 07:20 PM   #1
Sport45

I'm looking for an electronic scale to replace my Lee Safety Scale. Does anyone know if the PACT BBK II can be had for less than $100. It's a little too windy in my garage in the summer for a balance, but I can use a clear plastic cover over an electronic scale. Thanks in advance for any advice you lend.

[This message has been edited by Sport45 (edited March 16, 2000).]
Old March 16, 2000, 10:46 PM   #2
Mouse Gun

There was a big discussion on Shooters Highpower board about electronic scales a while back. I have the Pact BBK II and it does quite well(Midway for $89, shipping included) www.midwayusa.com . I use it to weight sort brass, bullets and double check powder charges but still use the RCBS 505 for most powder duties. The Pact is somewhat slow but it's accurate and oftens requires rezero but from what I hear they all do this to some extent. Electronic scales generally require a warm up period, mine I give about 15-20 minutes. Hindsight being 20/20, I must add that if portability is not an issue I would go with a corded scale, as this will help with warm-up and low batteries wont throw you off either. You probably will have to spend alot of cash to get the "perfect scale". My 2 cents.

Brian