The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 9, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1
nittany9

Old Faithful holsters/gunbelts?

Just found the old faithful website when looking for a rig for my new carry gun. The IWB holsters look comparable to the supertuck and other similar holsters but I was wondering if anyone uses the old faithful products and could give some feedback. I'm also hoping to get a belt, anyone know how good their belts are?
These prices are too good to pass up. A DIY kit for less than half the price of the competition!?

www.oldfaithfulholsters.com
Old December 11, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
danh4

Old Faithful Holsters are Great!

I have two Old Faithful holsters that I put together from their kits, one for my LC9 and one for my Sig 229. I bought the stage 2 kits that have the Kydex already molded and trimmed it on a scroll saw. They're super easy to put together, all you need is a leather punch. I paid extra for horsehide with the LC9 holster, but went with cowhide for the 229, need more time with both before I decide if one is any better than the other. I DON"T need any more time to tell that they are the most comfortable holsters I've ever used, I can carry the relatively heavy 229 and actually forget it's on my hip. So if you're at all handy with doing the work yourself, get the kit. If not, get the finished holster. You can't go wrong either way!

PS- Check out Gunnersalley.com for belts, I've been wearing one of their bullhide belts every day for the last 10 years and it is still like new.

-Dan

Last edited by danh4; December 11, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old December 13, 2012, 02:14 PM   #3
nittany9

Great, thanks for the info!