The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 29, 2005, 11:45 PM   #1
jonoboy

PLEASE Help!!! Need Place to Shoot in Snohomish County WA!!!

Does anyone know of any LEGAL locations in Snohomish County land/forests where one can go shooting without trouble from the Po Po? I have the official map of 'No Shooting Zones' but from driving around most everything is privately owned or posted as "No Tresspassing." I'm just worried about spooking the Anti Gun folks around here. I also hate the idea of being limited to 25 yard indoor ranges, or waiting for the day when a position finally opens up at one of the private outdoor ranges in the event a member dies!
I live near stanwood, so everything is pretty rural. The catch is that I also live in a pretty liberal state with an abundance of soccar moms. Please help!! In an area this lush with forests and hills there must be some places folks like to go to plink for free. I just don't know any of them.
I also would prefer not to drive all hell and gone; with gas prices it wouldn't be worth my while.

Thanks for any help.
Old December 2, 2005, 02:19 PM   #2
elkaholic

jonoboy,
The only place I can think of that is still available is out by "Red Bridge". You go into Granite Falls, and take the Left at the "T". Follow that road towards Verlot. You will come to a big red bridge going across the river. Just BEFORE the bridge there is a forrest road that is on the Right. We have gone up there and shot before with no problems. It is kind of a long drive, and as far as I know, they have shut down everything that was close to get to. The only other options are either to go to the Kenmore gun range, which is a pretty nice outdoor facility, or drive up towards Darrington and find a place up there. Hope this helps, we moved to CO in July, if you think its hard to find a place to shoot there you should see this place.

elkaholic
Old December 2, 2005, 10:09 PM   #3
MillCreek

The road described out of Granite Falls is the Mountain Loop Highway. There are many unofficial sites off Highway 2 in the Sultan area and near Monroe in the gravel pits.

MillCreek
Snohomish County, Washington USA