The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 30, 2010, 07:54 PM   #1
andrewstorm

bad egg Cylinder

JUst recieved a so called new classic ballisticks ss ruger old army cylindder,from luigi on gun broker,this guy sure can stretch the truth,rounded edges ground cylinder face ,wont index in pre warning roa or post warning ss, pitting in chambers,the guy says he only knows what the man who sold it to him said,lameoooooo, somebody took a file to this poor cylinder,rugercylinders are the way to go,any body had this same problem with spare cylinders indexing? and barrel cylinder gap?
Old October 1, 2010, 04:18 AM   #2
arcticap

The same seller had a classified ad and tried to sell them on THR before putting them up for auction on Gunbroker. Evidently, one person on THR bought 2 of them and those fit and work fine. But he was able to insert them for a test fit first after meeting the seller face to face in Ohio.
I talked to the seller on the phone and through emails. He told me that he decided to only sell the remaining cylinders on Gunbroker.
I never asked him about it but how do you know if it's really a Classicballistix cylinder? Is it marked?
Are you keeping it or returning it?

Last edited by arcticap; October 1, 2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old October 13, 2010, 07:00 AM   #3
andrewstorm

reeeeeeturnddddd

yep this thing wouldnt line up, lock up,sheesh, ive decided spare guns are better than spare cylinders,i lerned that from josey wales, and no there are no markings on the cylinder,except from a dremmel tool.
Old October 13, 2010, 08:15 AM   #4
madcratebuilder

Quote:
ive decided spare guns are better than spare cylinders

Wise man.