The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 4, 2001, 09:13 PM   #1
belee

Hey I am about to purchase a shotgun to turkey hunt with and I was looking for some info. I thought that I had my mind set on a Mossberg 835 but then I saw an advertisment for a Fabarm Field Pump. I am not real familiar with this gun can anyone compare the two? Advantages/disadvantages to both. Thanks!!
Old February 7, 2001, 07:44 PM   #2
g21glock

Im not familiar with the Fabarm,but I have an 835 ultra-mag
with the extra full turkey choke and its a great scatter-gun.Since Im not able to tell you good or bad about the Fabarm all I can tell you is you wont be disapointed with the 835,I think you will like it. THe 835 also gives you a good choice of how you want to load 2 3/4, 3in. mag or 3 1/2in magnum, I dont know if the other one gives you those choices.My 835 is all camo pattern too,some of them arent,so if your gonna turkey hunt get one with the camo on it. Just my $.002
Safe shooting

Proud NRA member as are my children

GSSF Member