The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 10, 2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Yellowfin

Pentax scopes anyone? Extra light Question too.

I am feeling the need to get a bit more from my beloved hunting rifles, and having been a bit of a camera buff for quite a while has me looking at both Nikon and Pentax scopes because I love the performance of their camera lenses. I see a lot of Nikon fans. Anyone use Pentax? I'm seeing some very good prices online and was wondering if anyone could provide some first hand knowledge to see if going with them would be a good decision. Durability? Fog resistance? Light gathering?

Oh, and also I have quite a bit of an interest in getting something that might let in a bit more light at dawn and dusk to extend my shooting hours. Naturally this is valuable, so I expect I might have to pay for it. What should I be looking for to accomplish this end and how much should I expect to pay for it? And how much can be gained?
Old January 10, 2007, 08:14 PM   #2
kart racer

I have a pentax pioneer 4.5x14-42.It's supposed to be the same as the fullfield 2.I have it on a 17 hmr and very happy with it.A fellow that owns a local gun store had a 3x9 lightseeker on one of his rifles and it was the reason I bought a pentax,albeit a cheaper model.I got mine for 197.00 on ebay nib-compare it to the burris price wise and I'm very happy.