The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 7, 2002, 09:06 PM   #1
Cheapo

.30-06 Brass Question

Anyone heard whether GI match brass from Frankford Arsenal is any different than from Lake City Army Ammo plant? I have a few hundred of each and would like to know if one is better than the other.
Old July 8, 2002, 12:36 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

Both were made to military spec., so I really don't think they'd be that much different.

What are the years on the FA brass?

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old July 8, 2002, 01:40 PM   #3
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

No more so than say the difference of LC Match from year to year or lot to lot....................like Mike said it's close.
Old July 9, 2002, 08:08 PM   #4
Cheapo

FA 58 through 61, but I think I sold all the '59. Can't remember if any is once-fired, but only the '60 is on reload #2.

LC 62 is once fired, the same lot, and all fired in Garands. As stated, this is Match.
Old July 10, 2002, 12:21 AM   #5
Mike Irwin
Staff

With them being that close in production, you should be able to use them interchangably with no concern at all, as long as you're not firewalling the loads.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.