The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 14, 2014, 12:14 PM   #1
camsdaddy

Non tactical pants for pocket carry

I on occasion carry my S&W 60 or my Glock 26 in a pocket. I know there is great debate on if a 26 is a pocket gun and I am good with that. The weight doesn't bother me. I know there are those who pocket carry either of these. What pants have you found that have deep enough pockets for pocket carry? I want to stay away from the 5.11 style pant. Something in a basic khaki or blue jean would be great.
Old January 14, 2014, 12:39 PM   #2
BarryLee

I purchased some Mountain Khakis which actually have two front pockets on the right hand side and have easily carried a J-frame or an LCP in pocket holsters with no problem. This actually allows you to carry the gun in a front pocket while still having two front pockets available for other junk. I’ve linked to their WEB site for reference, but buy from Amazon or local retailers and save about twenty bucks.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old January 14, 2014, 03:24 PM   #3
2ndsojourn

Duluth Trading jeans have huge pockets and are by far the best wearing jeans I've ever worn. My Glock 19 fits in a front pocket. (But here in NJ we're not allowed to carry). They'll easily fit a Glock 26.

Edit: Also their shirts are roomier and longer to avoid buttcrack exposure, and they easily cover OWB holsters. Their belts are good too....double thick and wide - perfect gunbelts.

And, no, I don't work for Duluth...I just like their stuff.