The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 6, 2005, 05:16 PM   #1
sdkidaho

Benelli ComforTech system

Anyone have a Super Black Eagle II, or M2 Field with the ComforTech stock? Just wondering how good it really is. I mean, I can handle the kick the 12 gauge puts out, but would prefer not to. So, is the ComforTech system a worthwhile improvement as far as recoil?
Old January 6, 2005, 05:27 PM   #2
mete

There are some interesting materials out there including recoil absorbing gels like the Benelli or special polymers like those of www.limbsaver.com .They really work. If you're sensitive to recoil or shoot lots of magnums that's the way to go.
Old January 8, 2005, 08:52 AM   #3
Irish

Go to the Benelli USA site go to the forums. I bet if you run a search you will get some different opinions on the comfort tech stock
Old January 8, 2005, 11:11 PM   #4
chris in va

Really the recoil reducer and the Limbsaver pad is more than enough. Or you can get the CompStock if it'll fit.
Old January 9, 2005, 04:34 PM   #5
BLKLABMAN

I own two SBE II's and the Comfortech system does work. To me the SBE II kicks the same as the BGH and the Xtrema even though they are gas operated and heavier shotguns.
The Crio chokes trow awesome patterns so the need to go aftermarket is not there, unless you like extended, and I do. I have two Briley X2's in LM, and Mod, and aslo a SRM Terror in .675 and have been pleased with the results at the pattern board and in the field. But as stated the factory Crio's throw great patterns. IM and MOD with 3" and 3.5 BB's and 1's Also Hevi-Shot 3" #4's. IM with Kent Tungsten Matrix 3" #1's. are what I have patterned and used with the factory tubes.
Mine have been nothing but Flawless with duck/goose hunts here, AL. SD and Canada this year.
Overall ,I do not have one single negative comment about the SBE II. They are well worth every single penny.
Old January 15, 2005, 08:31 PM   #6
Brandoniron

I haven't really noticed any less kick from the original SBE and the SBEII. But then again I am having bad luck with my SBEII.

One bad thing about the new confortech system is the fact that the but pad on the gun comes off extremely easy which really sucks for the kick of a 3.5 inch shell. It has fallen off my gun about three times. I finally put some duct tape on it and it hasn't come off yet. I am sure you have read my post and seen the bad luck I'm having. Wanna buy my gun after I get it back from Benelli. I'll sell it to you for 750 dollars.