The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 10, 2013, 04:51 PM   #1
TheNocturnus

Trade Glock 19 for a Sistema Colt model 1927 1911. Is it worth it?

I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 that I might trade for a Sistema Colt 1911 model 1927 manufactured in 1957. The guy says the colt is in 98% condition, is it worth it?

Guy might want to trade tonight, please give me some advice. From what research I have done it seems they are about equal in value, the colt might be a little higher in value.

All original parts, matching serial numbers. Only one magazine though...
Brain (Use this one the most)

Last edited by TheNocturnus; January 10, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old January 10, 2013, 06:12 PM   #2
WVsig

It all depends on condition and has it been refinished and by who. Most Sistema's were refinished by the arsenals in Argentina. The Glock is a $500 gun NIB $400 or so LNIB so I think you are ahead if you trade straight up for the Colt.

The number one thing to look for on used 1911s is signs of tinkering. Look for replacement parts etc....
Old January 10, 2013, 06:56 PM   #3
TheNocturnus

Nevermind. The guy got a better offer from someone else. I probably would have regretted the trade anyway. Thanks though.

Mods feel free to close or delete this one.
Old January 10, 2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Hawg

I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat. I did trade my one and only Glock for a reworked West Hurley Auto Ordnance.
Old January 10, 2013, 08:01 PM   #5
WVsig

I agree with Hawg Haggen I would have taken the deal.... Nice Examples of Sistema Colts go for over $600... I paid less but the market is going up on these things.

Last edited by WVsig; January 10, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I would have jumped all over it, too. You can always buy another Glock.
Old January 11, 2013, 12:25 AM   #7
TheNocturnus

I saw the ad on Armslist and thought I'd offer my G19 and he was really on the fence about it. Someone else called and offered him a G21 + some cash. I'd say that was a better deal than just my G19. I didn't want to add any cash to the deal so I lost out.

Oh well. I have G.A.S. (gun acquisition syndrome) again and I want a larger caliber than 9mm. I am wanting either a .45 or 10mm I think. I have been eyeing the Glock 20.
Old January 11, 2013, 06:28 AM   #8
Pilot

If you are comfortable with Glock, stick with Glock. Why go out on a limb and try anything else? Stay in the comfort zone.

Hmmm, maybe they make cars, and refrigerators too.
Old January 11, 2013, 12:23 PM   #9
TheNocturnus

Quote:
If you are comfortable with Glock, stick with Glock. Why go out on a limb and try anything else? Stay in the comfort zone.

Hmmm, maybe they make cars, and refrigerators too.
I am very comfortable with my G19. I was planning on getting another gun soon if the fates allow it and would have got another G19 if the trade ended up happening. I just want a larger caliber to keep around the house and maybe rotate with my carry set up.