The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 3, 2015, 02:03 PM   #51
Bill DeShivs

The "innovative" Seecamp design directly copies the CZ 45 .25 auto.
Old April 4, 2015, 02:57 PM   #52
dsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Careful loading has nothing to do with rimlock.
I agree. Even if you load the magazine carefully, the rounds can still shift around while you're carrying the pistol especially if you're being physically active (jogging, etc.).

BTW I've been using Magtech 71gr JHP in my P-32 without issues, as it's one of the few JHP rounds that is loaded as long as a FMJ cartridge.
Old April 4, 2015, 03:28 PM   #53
Gruney

Regarding 22LR rimlock

All the 22 pistol mags you normally see have a steep angle that helps insure the cartridge above has its rim in front of the one below. Also the case has no groove to catch a rim, and the cartridges are relatively uniform in length.

I think that you could cause rimlock in a 22 by purposely getting the rims the wrong way when you load, but you would have to work at it.

I suspect that the Ruger rotary mag works by controlling the "stacking" of the rims. The KelTec PMR30 mag has a really clever design to prevent rimlock.