The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 26, 2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Slugo

what other forums do you guys frequent here...

I used to have a nice collection of handguns, but sold all of them other than my Glock 19, S&W 357mag and a new S&W 380 Bodyguard which I just picked up for my CCW. My shooting interests are 99% shotguns...
Old June 26, 2011, 07:46 AM   #2
krimmie

I'm down to my Kahr K40, a JC Higgins .22 revolver for plinking, one rifle(.30-06). I haven't shot the .22 or the rifle in a couple years...shoot the Kahr monthly for competency.

I shoot my shotguns every week, be it targets, dove,quail or waterfowl, depending on season.

My forum interests represent my shooting interests for sure.
Old June 26, 2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Hawg

I mostly hang out in black powder, Sometimes shotguns if I see a topic about something old. Same with revolvers. I hardly ever venture into anything semi or modern and try to stay out of politics.
Old June 26, 2011, 11:49 AM   #4
shortwave

I visit Gen. Handgun, Gen Discussion, Rev.,Semi auto,Shotgun, Hunting, BP and Reloading mostly.

Slugo
FWIW: This one may get closed as it probably should have been placed in General Discussion.
Old June 26, 2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Slugo

I was thinking that too. I just wanted to get our shotgun brothers here a chance to express their other firearm interests...
Old June 26, 2011, 12:53 PM   #6
columbia_shotguneer

please God please never remove the shotgun forum! Scatterguns for life!
Old June 26, 2011, 02:23 PM   #7
zippy13

My primary interest is shotguns and Skeet shooting, so most of my TFL time is spent here at the shotgun forum. I don't have a large eclectic shotgun collection just few Skeet P-guns, a Beretta Trap combo and an 1100 with trap and Skeet barrels.
I also look into the black powder forum from time to time. I have several cap and ball revolvers that I enjoy shooting. But, the truth be told, they are such a bother to clean.
I'm an old school pistol shooter, I have a range box with the ubiquitous S&W 41, S&W 52 and a Gold Cup. I also like plinking with large caliber revolvers and have a few. So, I check into the revolver and pistol forums occasionally.
I've reloaded shot shells for over 40-years, handguns for over 20-years, and am just getting into bottleneck rifle cartridges. I also frequent the reloading and bullet casting forums.
My club built a new rifle range and I've trying to learn how to make my rifles hit where I'm aiming. So, I'm not a stranger at the rifle forum.
Of course, if there's an interesting heading at the home page, no matter the forum, I have a look.
Old June 26, 2011, 04:01 PM   #8
lamarw

I frequently visit General Handguns, Semi-Auto Pistols, Art of the Rifle, Shotguns, Handloading and the General Discussion. I glance at the other areas to see if anything jumps out of interest to me.

My gun passions are semi-auto pistols, rifles, shotguns and reloading. Other interest are boating, fishing, and antique clocks/watches.
Old June 26, 2011, 04:35 PM   #9
LockedBreech

At both TheFiringLine and TheHighRoad I frequent Autoloaders, Revolvers, General Handgun, Tactics, Rifles, Shotguns, and General Discussion.
Old June 26, 2011, 10:11 PM   #10
71Eagle

Other Forums

I've been a traditional black powder shooter for about 35 years, so the "American Longrifle" and "the Muzzleloading Forum" and two of my main ones. My interests are clay shooting sports, primarily skeet, but being an old retired Army Senior NCO, I can't get away from collecting and shooting military firearms.
Old June 26, 2011, 11:25 PM   #11
C0untZer0

Well, not only am I all over the place on The Firing Line - from General discussion, revolvers, semis, shotgun, training & tactics and Law & 2A issues, but I'm on several other forums as well, Kahr talk, Glock talk, Rohrbaugh, H&K forums and some others.
Old June 26, 2011, 11:43 PM   #12
egor20

Saddle forums, especially McClellans, I buy old ones, repair them and donate them to museums (OK the ones I don't keep, usually pre 1880s ) and I'm a Mod on a British forum that most of the words that are used would get you banned on TFL .

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old June 27, 2011, 09:56 AM   #13
oletymer

If you are into shotguns then Trapshooters.com or Shotgunworld are the places to be. They do not cater to the zombie fearers though.
Old June 27, 2011, 10:17 AM   #14
Slugo

I've been registered at both places for quite some time. I enjoy trapshooters.com - lots of good stuff for sale and simple software for a simpleton like me!!
Old June 27, 2011, 11:13 AM   #15
bullethole1

Art of the Rifle,The hunt,and general discussion,and the tactical forum or whatever its called
Old June 27, 2011, 12:32 PM   #16
BigJimP

I'm into handguns as well ...
a. S&W Revolvers ( model 19's, 27's, 29's - 18's mostly ) older guns..
b. a few Sigs ...239, 226, X-Five
c. and a lot of 1911's in 9mm, .40S&W and .45 acp - mostly Wilson Combat. But I have a Baer, an Ed Brown and a few Kimbers as well.
I like the knowledge and skill it takes to shoot courses of fire, practical pistol types of applications ../ drawing from concealment../ but not overly tactical. I shoot at my local indoor range 2 or 3 times a week and I like it.

In shotguns these days ...I'm mostly a clay target shooter ( Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays ) ....but a little bit of upland bird hunting. I don't have a huge collection of shotguns ...but mostly Browning O/U's ( XS Skeet models, XT models ) ..and I like Benelli Super Sport semi-autos. These days, I'm out at the shotgun club once a week usually.

Reloading ...I reload all 4 ga's of shotshells - 12, 20, 28 and .410 ...and for handguns in 9mm, .40S&W, .45 acp, .38 spl, .357 mag and .44 mag ...
Old June 27, 2011, 01:53 PM   #17
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Here and THR, the Shotgun Fora pretty much take up my Net time. I am interested in guns other than shotguns, but I've little time to spend on them darnit.

As a rule, I stay well clear of General and so on. Life's too short.....
Old June 28, 2011, 03:05 AM   #18
Mayor Al

In addition to some of the forums on this site, I stop in at the Texas Hunting Chat Forum..Not much going on there right now. I also get into the SAIGA forum. It has a lot of good stuff about the various SAIGA arms and other AK firearms.

My main focus is on Roadfood.Com where I have been a Moderator for several years. Not quite as hot-tempered as the gun forums...but the fight over BBQ preferences etc can get some folks all stirred up !
al
Old June 28, 2011, 06:05 AM   #19
darkgael

Fora

On this website, I frequent all of the handgun fora, the two long gun fora, BP, Competition, and Handloading.

Across the wide Internet, I have registered myself at twenty firearms/shooting fora. Of those, I contribute daily to eleven.

Pete
Old June 28, 2011, 07:38 AM   #20
P97

I'm a Ruger nut, so I visit Rugerforum.com and .net. Of course I'm always at my Early Risers Coffee Shop.
Old June 28, 2011, 07:57 AM   #21
Tachi

I don't post everywhere, but I read nearly everything here at TFL, though I'm fairly new here. I could pop up anywhere ... beware ... BEWARE!!!!

Only one other forum I frequent is firearm related. I have very diverse interests.

Note: just because Tachi may pop up, does not make him a pop-up target. Hold your fire.
Old June 28, 2011, 08:26 AM   #22
overkill0084

Pretty much all of the TFL forums. I generally just hit the New Posts option and pick my way through the results. I tend to focus on the various handgun subjects and reloading.
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Old June 28, 2011, 03:01 PM   #23
Uncle Buck

Last edited by Uncle Buck; June 29, 2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old June 28, 2011, 03:18 PM   #24
Rangefinder

I've glanced at quite a few other forums over the years, but there are only two that I have stuck with: This one and Cast Boolits. I'm pretty big into slinging lead, to that one gets at least equal time, sometimes more when I'm actively working on something specific.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old June 28, 2011, 08:57 PM   #25
Rugerismisticness

Are you Slugo from SGW? I go to SGW, Rugerforum.net, here, M1911forum.com, and RFC.