The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 6, 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Hardcase

Julia Auction

The James D. Julia Auction this weekend has some really fine Colts and Winchesters, far finer than my wallet can stand. The catalog is online and really worth taking a look at.

http://jamesdjulia.com/auctions/div_....asp?pageREQ=1

The first session has some 20th century military arms, but about halfway down are some nice single action Colts and a batch of Winchesters from Robert Howard's collection. Also, some great Scagel knives. There's a plethora of C&B and flintlocks as well.

http://jamesdjulia.com/auctions/div_....asp?pageREQ=2

Session 2 is Winchester heaven, along with single action Colts and other ephemera. What caught my eye was the crate of ten unissued and uncycled Winchester 94 saddle ring carbines. Wow.
Old March 6, 2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

"EXTRAORDINARILY RARE ORIGINAL CRATE OF TEN UNISSUED WINCHESTER MODEL 94 SADDLE RING CARBINES"

Oh sweet merciful crap!

What I wouldn't give to have something like that. And I don't even really like Winchester rifles all that much (with the exception of the 1873).

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old March 6, 2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Beagle333

Just the "discovery" of this, would have meant my immediate end.

Quote:
...this fellow discovered 13 crates of Winchesters about equally divided between Models 94 in cal. 30 WCF and Models 1895 in cal. 30-06... He began selling individual carbines for about $150 each and in fact sold them all except two cases of 94s.
I . . . don't . . . have . . .the . . . words. . .