The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 19, 2013, 12:21 PM   #1576
J-Will

3%er here

I have been directed to this forum a million times through google, and it has answered my question every time. Not sure why I waited so long to join up. I'm a supporting (and very active) member of Glockforum.com as well. Been shooting and carrying for as long as I can remember now. Just wanted to drop in and say hey.
Old August 19, 2013, 11:11 PM   #1577
timn1965

Hello from East Central Missouri New to the forum.

Looking forward to being a forum member. I am a retired Police Officer and an avid hunter and collector of handguns, shotguns and rifles. Lately I have be experimenting with some old military relics. I love classics and relics. I am a perpetual tinkerer.
Old August 20, 2013, 10:03 AM   #1578
Blacktimberwolf

Hello from Germany

Howdy,
I'm from Germany, shooting for over 30 years, have some guns and I find this place very interesting.
Old August 20, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1579
Wavslave91

hello all

Hello to all on the forum. I have been lurking for awhile and have decided to join because of the great information I have gathered on shooting and reloading from the people here. I have been a avid target shooter for years and recently was lucky enough to pick up a Winchester model 70 Stealth with bi-pod and scope. It has the 26 inch heavy barrel and the pre 64 claw type extractor bolt instead of the push type. After putting about 200 rounds down the pipe, I have fallen in love with long distance shooting. I have also purchased a Lee 4 hole turret press with all the dies to start reloading my favorite rounds. I am looking forward to getting some good advice on shooting and reloading from you folks that have much more experience in these fields than I do. Thanks in advance. Dennis.

Last edited by Wavslave91; August 20, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old August 24, 2013, 11:26 AM   #1580
PAT99MI

I'm from se michigan

Hi everyone. I'm a NOOB and will be visiting TFL a lot. I've been reading some of the posts and LOVE this site. I'm going to be attending a CCL class very soon then plan on going to advanced training. I'm an almost senior and female. I bought a Ruger .38 LCR a few years back and have a .22 semi-automatic rifle that I bought at KMart when I was 18. I'm going to buy a shotgun for home defense once I decide what I need and can handle. I'm no stranger to firearms. My brother was on the DPD and used to take me to the range at Rouge Park when I was younger, a LOT younger. He owned a lot of guns and would let me help him clean them sometimes. I made sure to wipe my prints off afterwards I shoot at Action Impact in Southfield. I sometimes use their .45 Beretta and I like it very much. I think I might have to get one of those Maybe Santa will buy one for me. Wait a minute, I AM Santa
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his [her] acts with his life". "[Us] Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea".
-Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by PAT99MI; August 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old August 25, 2013, 12:16 PM   #1581
rifleguy

hello out there from the inland northwest

I enjoy target shooting and small game hunting. I'm an experienced muzzle-loader with a preference for traditional round ball shooting. My favorite Rifles are my Winchester wildcat .22lr and my 54 cal Hawkins. My favorite handguns are my CZ 75b, and my Ruger blackhawk 357. I look forward to talking about guns with other shooters!
Old August 26, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1582
JawjaBoy

I have dropped in on a couple of occasions for a little research and decided to join and hang out a bit. Rimfire and shotgun shooter for 30+ years, handgunner for 20+ and reloader for some 25 years. Only centerfire rifle I own is Grandad's old Remington 14 in .30 Remington that came down to me 2 years ago. Still trying to get all the stuff together to reload for it!

So what that all means is that I know just enough to get myself in trouble!
Old August 27, 2013, 06:17 AM   #1583
keithdog

Hello Forums.

Greetings from Indiana. My name is Keith, and I'm brand spanking new to the forums. This site was recommended to me by a friend from a bass fishing forums site I belong to. I'm not a big time shooter, but enjoy firearms and am hoping to get more involved. I'm 54 years old, father of two and husband of one. This forums is very similar in design to the bass fishing forums I frequent, which is nice. I probably have more questions than answers but will contribute when I can. I sold guns back in the 70's and 80's but haven't been real involved in shooting for several years, and plan on getting more involved with the activity now.
Old August 27, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1584
1953ROMTOK

Re: New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello all from Missouri
Old August 29, 2013, 07:52 PM   #1585
BigB-AMT

Hello to All

Heya' Everyone,

I started reloading/handloading about 1 1/2 years ago. Starting to see some success. I reload .243, 7mm-08, and 300aac, but lately mostly 7mm-08. I have a TC Icon in 7mm-08 that has been a real challenge to get shooting well, but I may have it nearly figured out. Just bought a Tikka T3 Lite in the same caliber, (so I'd have a "mountain rifle"), and I have a feeling it's gonna' be a completely different animal. Hopefully one that's easier to reload for!
Old August 29, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1586
kopek

And hello. Found my way here a few times researching questions and finally had one worth signing up for. I mostly shoot black powder (flint) and do some F&I events. Thirty+ years in Hunter Education and fairly proud of that; more so than my shooting.
Old August 30, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1587
jwden123

Hello all

Hello.
I'm a 70 year that lives in North Atlanta.
I'm a former Marine that served in Nam with a "105mm" artillery battery. I fired a lot of cool weapons during my service and really enjoyed it They included The M1 Garand, M14, 1911a1 pistol, BAR, Flame Thrower, 3.5 inch rocket launcher, and both the .30 cal MG, M60 MG, and the .50 cal MG.

After I got out in late 1966, I didn't fire another weapon until last year. Because of the economy and what appeared to be a crime wave, I bought a Mossberg Tactical 20ga pump shotgun. Well as most of you will understand, one thing led to another.

I now have the following
9mm Kahr pistol
.22 Henry lever action rifle,
.22 Ruger Hunter with red dot sight
.22 Sig 1911-22
.22 Beretta ARX160
.22 Kal-Tech PLR22

AS you can see, I like to shoot .22. Fun to shoot and ammo is cheap, although it's currently in short supply.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Old August 30, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1588
Roc87

^thanks for your service!

I'm a new member, hope to learn a little! My collections include

"nylon" .22 rifle
16 gauge break action double barrel shotgun
.22 pistol
Glock 9mm
and my cannon...LAR Grizzly .45 Win-Mag
Old September 2, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1589
Faulkner

Hello from the Ozarks. Lurked here for years, just recently joined.
Old September 2, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1590
crich

New guy in SC

Finally decided to become a member since this forum has answered dozens of questions I've had and looked up on Google. Originally from Warren, Ohio but currently living in Charleston, SC. I'm 22 and have been shooting and hunting since I was a little kid. Just recently got into handguns about 3 years ago. Have a pretty decent collection of firepower but always looking to add more. Looking forward to enjoying the site.
Old September 3, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1591
MountainMike

Hello fellow (and fellowette?) shooters!

Been reloading ammo since 1963... then a long pause for other life interests. Now back to reloading .223 Rem. and even maybe the original 30-06 again.

I have decided to purchase a .40 cal S&W pistol, but I am having a little difficulty locating the model I want. It will come in time, I'm sure.

I have met a local fellow who used to work for RCBS in Oroville (Cal.) and he has a lot of .40 S&W fired cases and reloading dies. That's only a small reason I chose .40 over the 9 mm Luger round, though. LE use will keep the cartridge available for many years to come.

So now I am figuring out how to get ahold of more .40 S&W reloading stuff, along with my "pistol of choice".

This is a great forum! I have been reading it for years (?!) and decided it's time to join. Good decision.

Mike
Old September 7, 2013, 09:45 PM   #1592
Anchorblew

Hello all,

My name is Mike and I've actually been registered with TFL for a little while now, just never posted on the page before recently.

I am a veteran of the US Army (served from 2003 to 2006) and reside in Southern California. I started collecting firearms almost a year to the day I got out of the military (just an odd coincidence).

With one of my state's senator's deciding to try and renew a ban she had made on assault weapons earlier this year, ammo had become very scarce (as you all well know). So I started collecting everything thing I needed to handload all of my own ammo as of January this year. It's been an interesting road full of trial and error followed by sweet success.

I've found lots of helpful information on TFL and I hope to share some of my experiences with all of you.

My collection includes:
Benelli SBE2
Spike's Tactical AR-15 (Upper is mostly parts I bought over time and pieced together)
Glock 17 gen3
CZ 75B .40S&W

Last edited by Anchorblew; September 7, 2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: decided to include a list of my collection with the original post
Old September 13, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1593
Iconic Industries

Kimberley fm Cali

Hello and greetings to all.
My name is Kimberley. I'm the Marketing/Social Media/Customer Service diva for Iconic Industries.....lol. We are a family owned manufacturing effort, and it should be noted that unlike some we are not new to firearms.
Our R&D facility is burning some midnight oil working out the final details on a new line of 80 percent machined billet lowers (DPMS/LR .308, AR-10 & AR-15) (Billet AK, 10-22 and others to follow) as well as other innovative firearm parts and accessories. (To all our Brothers and Sisters in CA, God Bless and keep your chins up......we have some ideas which may keep the AR platform alive even if the Governor signs those malicious "laws" in to effect.)
Our target release date is mid October.
Albeit, there seems to be a glut of manufacturers new to the market, but we have confidence that our products are going to satisfy those with a thirst for something different.
We will have a WWW and Facebook site open shortly. Pre-production pictures and details will be available one week before we have shippable inventory (Can't give the copy-cats too much lead time...lol).
And we will be traveling the show circuit as much as possible, so I hope to meet lots of you in person.
That's it for now I guess......stay tuned, and a thank you shout to the Mods for all the work you do...**smiling**.
Kimberley,
Social Media Director,
Iconic Industries
Old September 15, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1594
Wheelr1972

Want information from prople who know

Howdy. I have been hunting and shooting for over 50 years and want to get some information on things I don't know yet. Remington Model 700 rifles, Ithaca Model 37 shotguns and various handguns are my current interests, and I would like to find out about details, parts, and amateur smithing that I can do without too much equipment - say stripping for thorough cleaning etc.

I have looked through some threads, and just thought I would introduce myself.
Old September 15, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1595
FTC_SS_EXW

didn't want to be a lurker

A Navy Chief from Georgia, I shoot military rifles and pistol calibers and reload for them. I am trying to get into bullet casting and am looking for mentorship and the possibility of picking up some used gear and the knowledge that follows. Cheers.
Old September 15, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1596
mikethemedic

Hi my name is Mike and I'm from NE Pennsylvania!

Hi everyone! I'm a 57 y/o avid shooter and former hunter(I gave up the sport 7 or 8 years ago) and I'm a little into "prepping". That means I have the means to live off the grid for awhile and I like to stockpile ammo. (who doesn't?) I found this site while searching for info on a black powder pistol that was made in Spain. I picked it up dirt cheap at a garage sale this weekend and I'm having no luck finding out what it may be worth or any real info on it. It is a single shot percussion pistol with an octagon barrel, plain wood stock, cal. 12 m/m, made in Eibar, Spain. The markings on the barrel(hidden from view by the stock) is as follows: Fe De Teodoro Arrizapalaga Eibar=Espana, 34334 T.A. (over) Cal 12m/m, SPAIN(on top of the barrel), 10.5 01 (an * over the 01) 700 Kgs, then there is a shield with an X in the middle, a diamond and a double wavy line over that, 3 circles stamped to form a triangle and 444 on nearly every part indicating matching parts I assume. I found where there were other "family" members with the same last name who are also gun makers but no history of this guy or dates when they made firearms. If anyone can help me ID this find, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old September 20, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1597
girlswguns

Hi everyone,

I'm a mom from Ca and am new to all forums so bare with me while I find my way around. I believe in the second amendment and the right to protect myself and my family. I have been working with a friend who hosts build parties and educating myself and others on the many new laws being set fourth in California. Look forward to talking with those also following whats going on here and in other states. Thanks for having me
Old September 23, 2013, 06:53 PM   #1598
lectric

Hello from Indiana

Just joined up after being directed here during a web search on pistol sights. I'm a current and very active member on Indiana Gun Owners (ingunowners.com). We use vBulletin also.

Looking forward to participating.
Old September 23, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1599
Herluf

Greetings from Chicago

Greetings folks,
I'm a resident of Chicago and a relative newcomer to shooting. Family always had guns around, but never was into the hobby myself until recently. I just hit the range every year or so with relatives and kept a home defense weapon. Then I began receiving heirloom weapons from my family and suddenly found myself with a collection of guns to enjoy and care for.

I'm especially looking forward to getting advice here on gun care and maintenance.
Old September 26, 2013, 09:34 AM   #1600
Jimmy96a1

Hey, been coming here forever and finnaly joined recently. Born and raised in minnesota,in a town of about 800. Got a red rider bb gun when i was 6 then at 13 my dad gave me his model 94 winchester 30-30. Now at 23 i just picked up my first new in the box pistol a beretta 96a1. Love shooting all types of guns. Just recently got my handgun because shooting everyone elses was so fun!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent