The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 26, 2001, 06:53 AM   #1
PreserveFreedom

Surprise at Wal Mart

I was at Wal Mart yesterday evening and I stumbled on a pleasent treat. Formerly, they sold those Winchester 20ga and 12ga game loads for $30 a case around this time. The problem is, they are cheaply built and I have had a bunch of problems with the amuminum hulls expanding and sticking in my chambers. Well they now have Remington for the same price. I didn't inspect them too carefully because I didn't buy any myself (I still have a good pile of the Winchester laying around). Just thought I would pass on the news to anyone that had trouble with the Winchesters in the past.

Old August 26, 2001, 07:43 AM   #2
Guyon

Yup, saw these last night and got a box of them to try in my 1100. If they cycle well, I'll likely go back for a case. Cheap ammo has been abundant in my area lately.

Remington ShurShot Heavy Dove - 1 1/8 oz. $2.99 at Academy

Federal Game Loads - 1 oz. $2.79 at my local Army/Navy store

Remington Game Loads - 7/8 oz. $2.89 at Wally World

I've been breaking in the 1100 with the heavier loads as it is still a bit tight. Still, I plan to go to the range tomorrow and put a box or two of each load through the gun to find out which one cycles/patterns the best. Then, I'll know what to carry dove hunting.