The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 2, 2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Troponin

Someone is trying to tell me something

I think someone is telling me I should stay home this weekend. This may be the only time this winter I get out to a good place to coyote hunt and this is my situation...

Ordered a cedar howler from Tebbe and it probably won't be shipped until tomorrow, which will put it on my door step after the weekend.

My brand new Rem 700 .243 needs to go back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs due to a bad stock. I bought it before the season and specifically for yote hunting.

My .22 mag is still in the shop awaiting a new firing pin.
It's been there for 3 weeks, maybe more, I lost track of the time.

My buddy just informed me that he isn't going yote hunting with me, but wants to go deer hunting, so I'll be hunting alone, which makes it really difficult considering the terrain and area only one person can cover.

My Lanyard I bought from Guy (custom maker) most likely won't be here, as the mail didn't go today due to "Ford rememberance day".

My LaCrosse boots that I just bought this year leaked and now I have messed up insoles and have to send those back for warranty work too.
Old January 2, 2007, 09:12 PM   #2
TJ Freak

yotes

Take the '06 load it light. Good luck. Look at it this way, you will not get one sitting at home.
Old January 2, 2007, 09:27 PM   #3
motorman

man that is crap luck. but if i were you, i would go out anyways. even if your not successful with the hunt, you will feel alot better after a nice relaxing hunting trip.
this year, i didnt get to go hunting. im in a new province and didnt have a place to hunt. hopefully next year i can convince my coworker to take me along.....
Old January 2, 2007, 11:22 PM   #4
rnovi

heh, I hunt bunnies to yotes with my .350 mag - loaded down with a 125gr .357 mag jhp. Pretty dang amazing how well it works.

"Remember, Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"