The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 18, 2005, 04:51 PM   #1
willy whitetail

problem with 50cal knight disc

a friend of my wants to sell me his knight 50cal disc he is in a little bit of money trouble.the promblem is it is still loaded since last fall and has not been cleaned. i have tried to clean it but can not get powder or slug out any suggestions would help
Old October 19, 2005, 01:24 AM   #2
Loco Smith

?

did you try to shoot it out? What type bullet is in it? you can soak the powder with water or WD 40 then use a bullet screw. Or try to pop it out with pressure, they make a device to thread in and use co2. Or if you have not soaked the powder, use a pick and make sure the hole is open, then put in primer and it will fire.
the plugs need a type anti seeze when install, remove and clean every time they are fired, they don't need to be real tight. Put your wrench or socket, what ever fits it tight, make sure the powder is soaked and can't fire or empty rifle, and tap on the wrench, you'll have to hold the rifle barrel some how, don't damage the stock on the blueing, use leather or a barrel vice if you have one. WD40 can help loosen the threads and the fouling or rust if that is whats holding it.. Its a problem, Hope this helps. Loco