The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 13, 2010, 10:08 AM   #1
blfavaron

Be wary of Arizonagunleather.com

Let me say I have ordered custom leather gear before and this is not my first rodeo.
I was in the market for some new gear and went Internet shopping & checking around.
Being a LEO I am limited to the amount of money I have to spend.
I ran across ArizonaGunleather.com.
I saw what I wanted and ordered a holster, mag pouch, and belt for $200.99 for my Glock 27.
I ordered on July 15th. Their web site quoted a 3-6 week turnaround & I figured "What the Hell" and made my purchase.
That's right & I paid up front. My first mistake, second mistake, I should have checked around first about them.
I should have gone with my first instinct which was KD leather.
I am a patient man and I waited till the 6 week timeline and then Emailed them.
Their reply: Techinical issues are adding additional 2 weeks, OK, things happen.
It has all gone downhill since. I have sent them 6 emails and made several phones calls to no avail.
Next excuse that I got around Oct.5th ~ "It will be ready in 1-2 days."
Guess what? No rig came in.
The next one said the holster maker had a death in his family, yet another delay.
Well, I guess being a Cajun I am starting to get ticked off now.
I feel I am getting the run around.
Well, I sent one more email demanding that my rig be in by this week or I want a full refund.
If not, I will file a consumer complaint with the Arizona Attorney Generals office.
I even asked them to call me to discuss this matter, no calls yet.
I feel like they are thinking "How dare he do that."
All I ask is to be honest, better customer service and communications.
They have my hard earned money.
I know that the most famous holster makers take even longer but you know that at the beginning with makers like Del Fatti, Sparks, TT, Tucker the list goes on.
Maybe to some you might think I am blowing this way out.
I know good things come to those who wait but, Damn! a little more concern for the customer...don't you think?
I know I can get long winded sometimes so please excuse my ranting.
13 weeks have past now, so this Friday is my D-day.
To be honest with you I do not expect my order or my refund this week. I have this bad gut feeling.
That "gut feeling" has come from being a LEO for 30 years.

Blair
Old October 13, 2010, 10:12 AM   #2
threecharley

AGL has a history of this. sucks getting ripped off, now ya know how the public felt when they were the ones getting the shaft. and the pd just wrote it up and threw it in a pile.
Old October 13, 2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Xfire68

blfavaron, I feel your pain! Your not blowing this out of proportion at all.

Had they called you and given you a "Good" reason for the delay then maybe you would have felt better about the wait but zero replies to emails and no phone calls is ridiculous!

I say file the complaint with Arizona Attorney Generals ASAP!
Old October 13, 2010, 11:24 AM   #4
foghorn leghorn

blfavaron,
why don't you tell them you are going to put it on youtube, and warn everybody in the firearms community not to buy or trust them.
it works for me when my local cops wont act to stem the squallier being created by the illegal aliens in our village. when they hear video, youtube, they act.
Old July 29, 2011, 12:46 AM   #5
rwehnau

Arizona Gun Leather at it again?

I had ordered a custom holster and mag pouch on April 13,2011 to the tune of 345.99 and of course received the "This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order to Arizona gun Leather. Our current lead time is 3 to 6 weeks. We will update you when your item is shipping." response.

After numerous emails, and calls from Iraq and home when I was there, there was no end to the excuses for the delay.

Now the only contact number for them has been disconnected.

Can't file complaint with law enfrocement until I get back to the states, but think a drive to Surprise AZ is in order to personally correct this if they have not skipped town by then.

Beware doing any business with them at all
Old August 15, 2011, 07:51 PM   #6
rwehnau

Arizona Gun Leather...the adventure continues

Here is the latest load of tripe:

had sent them yet another email that said "It is pretty evident by the ebay active store and facebook page that you are still in business and just ignoring emails from customers you either owe refunds or products to. The only phone number listed is still disconnected.

Please be so kind as to refund the money paid for the holster I ordered in April which I had no expectation of ever seeing.

I have also contacted the Surprise Police Department by email today and if this is not resolved by you, I will probably have to make the trip to Arizona upon my return from Iraq just to have to file charges."

And I received a response back that basically said it was taking longer than they expected to deal with his father's estate and she was sorry that I felt the need to contact the local police.

My response to that email to again request a refund was met by an autoreply from yahoo that said "Arizona Gun Leather will be shutting down for a few weeks and will not be processing or accepting any orders during that time. I am sad to say that Ron's father passed away and we are currently trying to get all of his final wishes taken care of and closing up his estate. I apologize for all the problem this has caused anyone but we hope to be up and running again soon.

thank you for your understanding

Ron Clark
Laurie Zucchero"

So there we have it...no holster or refund forthcoming and upset the law was contacted.

Guess I will go ahead and make some popcorn, this is going to be a good show.