The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 27, 2009, 10:24 AM   #1
FF/EMT

Good Tac Light?

My P250 has a picatinny rail and I wanted a good tac light. I do alot of night driving over long distances and that would help me out a bit. I know I wouldn't want to be trapped on the turnpike 30 miles from anything in the dark. Any suggestions?
Old May 27, 2009, 11:06 AM   #2
rjrivero

There are lots of them out there. I like the streamlight TLR-1. The TLR-2 has a laser as well as the light if that's your thing.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Cerick

I have the TLR-2 which I like. For the price I would go with the TLR-1, but the laser is kinda cool. Dont know if I would really use the laser, but.... I forget the name of it but there is a new tac light out that has a strobe which is good to have.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:39 AM   #4
hoytinak

I've had both the Streamlight TLR-1 and Surefire X200 (which I'd like to upgrade to the X300) but I'm poor ). Both are VERY good lights and you can't go wrong with either one. The TLR-1 I had (not sure if they changed since then) had an alumunin body compared to the X200's polymer. (if that matters to you which it didn't to me). However, I stuck with the Surefire just cause it seems a little less bulky to me. When it comes to lights and lasers, I've learned to stick with the known brand names as I've wasted quite a bit of money on low end stuff that kept breaking on me. Alot of times I don't really buy into the "you get what you pay for" but this is one of the times where I agree with that statement. Here's my X200 on my USPc:

Old May 27, 2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Wagonman

Big fan of my X300.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:42 PM   #6
FF/EMT

wow hoytinak, that's a beautiful weapon. Thanks guys, I'm gonna look those up.