The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 29, 2012, 11:52 PM   #1
farmerboy

Shooting range tomorrow

I'm planning on going tomorrow evening. I shoot in yard almost every day or every other day but I like going to range close to me (about 8 miles away) about once a month or so just to shoot somewhere different and to see what brass I can find laying around. Reloading is about as much fun to me as is shooting. Usually you're the only one at the range, if you go on weekend there may be one other person. We live in the boonies so most people have land to shoot at or have friends with land. The only thing everyone keeps their brass now or there's other reloaders picking it up. I only shoot my Glock for about last 8 months but I have a S&W 1911 in 10 MM that I haven't shot in about 2 years now that I think I'll play with just to burn some powder in. I will surely shoot my Glock 22 because I am deadly accurate with it and have others but prob won't take any. No long guns prob either. Been shooting alot of rifles in my yard lately too. Do some of you go to range just sometimes to see if you can find some brass?
Old August 30, 2012, 04:48 AM   #2
TheNatureBoy

Going to the range for the purpose of picking up brass isn't a bad idea, especially if you reload. If there is brass lying around that I can use I will pick it up. Don't go to the range for that reason though.
Old August 30, 2012, 06:18 AM   #3
farmerboy

That's mainly why. Use to you could find alot of brass but now brass hoarders are everywhere. Our range isn't used much. Only one or two people on a off day and maybe 4-5 on a weekday. Haven't been lucky recent and when I find brass I pick up anything. I can use what I can use and the rest is trading material. I have gone times and found like 15 boxes of new Hornady 223 brass or 3 boxes of 30-06 brass but it's like a treasure hunt everytime. Other reloaders will surely understand. Plus about once a month it is fun to shoot somewhere different. It's just like hunting here, we have deer everywhere but I do like to go to a friends house too just see different deer in a different are sometime.