The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old June 8, 2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Hemicuda

VERY interesting afternoon!

I am from Northern Michigan, as some of you know... and I unexpectedly got the weekend off from work, and decided to spend it in LAnsing, visiting my Mom and Sis...

They both work until late afternoon, and I made it down here at about 1 pm. So, I decided to make a run to my favorite local gunstore/pawn shop...

I was browsing the handguns in the store, and thinking about how nice that Smitty 4013 would fit in my collection... and this "disadvantaged youth" you know what I mean, pants-crotch between his knees, baggy 5X shirt, and greasy dreadlocks... (he hadta be 21, since he was looking at handguns) was there, checking out the "Glock fotay"...

he ACTUALLY made the comment to the clerk, loud enough for me to hear, and htis is the comment... "I really like this hear piece... what if I was to just pull out a piece, and point it at you and take this one?"

the clerk stood there, half frozen, and kinda regurgitating a few unintelligable sylables...

SO, I calmly put my hand on the grip of the Smitty 410 I had on my hip, and said nothing...

the clerk FINALLY (after what WAS likely 5 seconds, and seemed like 3 hours) fund a voice, and told the punk to leave... (shoulda held the kid for the cops)

THEN the clerk apologized to me, and said he wished the owners would let him carry at work...

I was FLOORED... this is the FIRST gnstore have ever been in that DIDN'T have a loaded gun at hand... wow!

and YES, had that idjit tried grabbing a gun from his clown pants, I would have perforated his cranium for him...

I am not sure what is dumber, the kid making that comment, or the store not having a loaded gu at the ready?

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old June 8, 2007, 02:47 PM   #2
revjen45

The only dumber thing I ever heard of was a uniformed guard carrying a replica handgun because the employer didn't want to pay for somebody who actually had a license to be armed!
Old June 8, 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
AR15FAN

Nice racist story, take long to make it up? You sure didn't spend the time spell checking.
Old June 8, 2007, 02:56 PM   #4
newarcher

AR15Fan,

What the hell's wrong with you? Someone relates a story of something that happened to them and you immediately call them a racist? If the perp in this story was as described, then who are you to call someone racist for describing the perp? You are so all damn knowing and telepathic enough to tell that this story was made up......wow what a gift.

Your crap is that of liberals....let's not call terrorists muslim (even though they are) for fear of upsetting the muslims. We have enough racism police in Sharpton and Jackson....they scream racism every time a flea farts.

You owe this guy an apology.

New
Old June 8, 2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Hemicuda

AR15FAN - BE QUIET if you are gonna make things up!

Racist, WHAT part is racist? I NEVER mentioned the guy's skin color, (which HAPPENS to be the same color as mine... WHITE, since you mentioned it...)

WHAT part of my post is RACIST?

and WHAT PART do you think is made up?

I did NOT mention skin color, race, religion, sexual preference, or ANYTHING ELSE that could even be construed as such, by any NORMAL thinking person...

AR15FAN, go somewhere else, and quit being a troll!

gun and car collector.
Old June 8, 2007, 03:00 PM   #6
cpaspr

Actually,

it's not racist at all.

No mention of anyone's race at all. I've seen baggy pants down around the knees, oversized shirts and dreadlocks on white guys, black guys, brown guys.

Now, it might be sexist, since I've never seen a girl dressed that way. Dreadlocks, yes, but not the pants and shirt.

And
Quote:
disadvantaged youth
and
Quote:
punk
are not race specific nor descriptive.
Old June 8, 2007, 03:15 PM   #7
DWARREN123

I have seen a few females dressed this way, not very good looking.
Old June 8, 2007, 04:14 PM   #8
Prophet

I think you threw him off when you said "Greasy Dredlocks" In which you normally associate Jamacians and African Americans with. If you guys havn't noticed from his other post AR15FAN has a long history of being a forum troll. He normally screams racism every chance he gets even though the OP in question was not racist at all. But back to OP I think I would have slowly moved away from him acting as if I was looking at something else to get some cover and then watch him very closely with my 1911 loosened in my holster. Good thing everything ended well and if I was clerk I'd quit that job ASAP.
Old June 8, 2007, 04:57 PM   #9
44 Deerslayer

Good story, one of those unexpected situations that makes your heart beat faster.

Glad it turned out OK, it's hard to tell what kind of weapon they might be hiding in those baggy pants.
Old June 8, 2007, 07:59 PM   #10
fixboot

"glock fo-tay" Man I just watched that video again......Funniest stuff ever!

Im glad the kid left and didnt get himself killed. What a moron. Jeez are they really THAT stupid these days?
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?
Old June 8, 2007, 08:09 PM   #11
mlandman

Quote:
Hemicuda posted -
AR15FAN - BE QUIET if you are gonna make things up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racist, WHAT part is racist? I NEVER mentioned the guy's skin color, (which HAPPENS to be the same color as mine... WHITE, since you mentioned it...)

WHAT part of my post is RACIST?

and WHAT PART do you think is made up?

I did NOT mention skin color, race, religion, sexual preference, or ANYTHING ELSE that could even be construed as such, by any NORMAL thinking person...

AR15FAN, go somewhere else, and quit being a troll!
The reality here is that the only racist assumption was made by AR.
Old June 8, 2007, 08:25 PM   #12
fixboot

Quote:
The reality here is that the only racist assumption was made by AR.
Agreed.
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?
Old June 8, 2007, 08:34 PM   #13
jrothWA

Was that...

"Dicker -n-Deal"? never was impressed with them.
Old June 8, 2007, 08:57 PM   #14
Hemicuda

jrothWA...

Howdya guess? yep... Dicker n deal...

They have been good to me... I picked up a rather rare, original, in the box Seneca Green (not the K-Mart green!) Remington Nylon 77 there for a song once ($75.00), and they even had an EXTREMELY hard to find used magazine for a Savage Mod. 225 bolt action 30-30... Numrich wanted 55 bucks for them, when they could find them... other places were about the same... D&D had one, and wanted 8 dollars for it...

then there was the small-ring Mauser 98, in 7X57 Mauser, with a McGowan premium barrel on it, and a 3-12 x 50 Burris scope, for a whoppin' $325.00...

Dicker & Deal has been GREAT to me!

gun and car collector.

Last edited by Hemicuda; June 8, 2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old June 8, 2007, 10:41 PM   #15
Deaf Smith

Hemicuda,

You missed your chance. You told have walked over to the 'disadvantaged youth' and did like Mel Gibson in Maverick. You know where he talked to the would-be gunslinger and showed him his new holster and how the gun just kind of jumps out of the holster it's so fast. And kind of let him know if he tried that stunt in any other gun shop he would be DRT.

As for the clerk, being unarmed selling arms is pretty stupid. I'd suggest to him to get a job at another gunshop where they let him carry. I have actually heard of real cases where they did load the gun and stick up the clerk!

Thank goodness the 'disadvantaged youth' wasn't in Texas. That's no the thing to joke about in a gunshop down here.
Old June 8, 2007, 11:59 PM   #16
natjohnb

I grew up in Lansing and have been to Dicker and Deal many times. I did get a good deal on a used S&W 19-3 nickel .357mag there once. Having said that that side of town sucks (I lived near there for several years) and I would'nt trust many of the characters that are usually in there pawning off junk. I don't ever remember any of the guys in there packin'...and from what I remember talking to the gun guys there they weren't the sharpest tools in the shed

Lansing needs a good gun store. They have Classic Arms up on the north side, but I havent been there in years. If your ever over by Grand Rapids go check out Silver Bullet Firearms, they will treat you right (and they are all armed!)
Old June 9, 2007, 12:45 AM   #17
bcarver

Racist?

Racist is assuming a persons race due to their dress and vocabulary.
Just because someone talks "getto" and dresses like a rapper and has dreds doesn't make them black.
Almost every health food store has a white cleck with dreds.
"dreds...not just for Regee anymore."
Old June 9, 2007, 01:51 AM   #18
Mortech

Oh gee , never once did he mentioned the ethnicity of the person , and since I live a few miles from the very liberal Evergreen College here in WA I can tell you that I see quite a few natural blondes sportin 'dreds' .
S&W M&P40
Old June 9, 2007, 04:24 AM   #19
Silvanus

Let's start a new thread, what's the best caliber for trolls?

Interesting story, though. I would never have thought that anyone working in a gun shop would not be allowed to be armed.
Old June 9, 2007, 07:11 AM   #20
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
Oh no. First zombies, now trolls. Next it'll be the loc ness monster
Old June 9, 2007, 08:16 AM   #21
VUPDblue

Quote:
Let's start a new thread, what's the best caliber for trolls?
.22 Short

I just checked-out AR's posting history, not hardly one positive contribution to any thread. Just a pile of negativity. I wonder how one goes about earning respect around here, that surely isn't it...
Old June 9, 2007, 08:16 AM   #22
WhiteFeather93

I'm gonna get it....

A hate to be the one to say it because I know everybody is going disagree but everyone is a little bit racist. Now not to contradict myself but race is not the key word is culture. Culture has more to do with it than anything. Perhaps "Culturist" is a better word. Nobody looks at a man in a suit who speaks very proffessionally and carries himself in a respectable manor. It doesn't matter what color his skin is or what accent follows his polite words. You don't think of that man or woman as a threat because of how they carry themselves. Rappers rap about robbing and looting, being a "thug" and a rapist. Demiening women, using drugs and all kinds of nonsense. I'm not saying all of them but enough of them to have that thought stick. And then you see someone who assumes the identity of a said rapper you may cringe. Because you see that culture, that is exalted these days and you believe the lyrics in the song about robbing the pawn shop and what have you. It has nothing to do with race at all. If terrorist are middle eastern so be it but I can think of some pretty white terrorist off the top of my head. Believe me or not its all culture. Culture is what makes us jumpy or calm. And if you want to shout no no no and pretend that we all get along fine. But I'll be the first to admit that I am a little "culturist", we all are. That doesn't mean that we shoot on sight someone who doesn't agree with out picturesc view of life. We have to respect eachother. But stereo typing is something our minds do all on our own.

Thats my 0.2 and I am sorry if I offended anyone but I hate seeing things like this just thrown around and not addressed.
Old June 9, 2007, 09:27 AM   #23
Nanuk

Caliber for trolls is not important. Everyone knows they regenerate. You must use a flame thrower.
Old June 9, 2007, 09:48 AM   #24
Bob F.

Gotta agree; ar15fan waayyy outta line! Also, Whitefeather: You're right,it IS more a culture thing, absolutely.

Round here the "disadvantaged youth" likely would have gotten a real education AND new clothes. He'd have needed to change out of his soiled drawers and the county would have provider a nice orange jumpsuit! The guys that work the shop are all armed, some LEO's work there part-time and lots of LEO's hangout there...and >90% (yes, a guess) of the customers are armed. In my fav shop there's always more than one employee, usually 3 or 4.

Stay safe.
Bob
Old June 9, 2007, 09:52 AM   #25
newarcher

whitefeather,

You are correct, everyone is racist. Only the other side...I am white.....is allowed to openly display their racism and wield it without consequence. Anyone on our side is demonized like AR did here for even the slightest hint of a racist statement or even one that someone can assume was racist.

The fact is that when walking down the street, I am somewhat leery of everyone. You never know when anyone will attack you.

However, let's face it. The prisons are filled to capacity with black people. The worst areas in every city are filled with black people. Statistically speaking, and the statistics don't lie, you are more likely to be a victim of violent crime at the hands of a young, black male. There is a pervasive and horrible culture within the black communities around the nation that says education, clean living, drug free, intact families, alcohol free life is acting white. Sorry, but those are the facts. Not according to ME, those were the thematic elements most talked about during the million man march years ago. Those are the things that Bill Cosby has been demonized for saying.

Now before anyone jumps, that's not saying all black people are bad. In fact, some of the nicest people I know are black....of course, they would be called uncle Tom's by the "REAL" blacks. You only count as a real black to many of the black commuity if you are dealing and have a record.

So to be honest, if I go to the ballpark here in Atlanta (predominantly black community) I am on guard moreso than if I was in a predominantly white suburbia. Does that make me a racist? Hell no. That makes me a realist. If in a given area I am more likely to be a victim, I am more on edge.

New
Closed Thread