The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 14, 2006, 01:26 PM   #1
araebisu
Registration in progress

remington dm mod

http://cgi.ebay.com/REMINGTON-700-AD...QQcmdZViewItem

is it actually possible to take a bdl or adl stock and make it useable with the remington factory detachable magazine? this guy makes it seem like a very simple task. i like the the remington flush fit magazine, but its hard to find a good stock for them. if i could get a bdl stock, and take a file to it without hurting it, it would be nice. i asked the seller, here is what i got in return:

Quote:
You have to widen the mag box area to the same size as the floorplate, this will not be noticeable from exterior. You have to notch the edges 1/4 x 1 3/8 inch for the locking tabs to seat. This will be permenant and will be noticeable from exterior if you go back to BDL. Most people buy a second stock and inlet that one. You can find plenty of composite or even perfect never used take-offs here on Ebay. Good Luck!
sound like a good idea to anyone?
Old March 14, 2006, 04:45 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Sure. Get one of the take-offs. Alternately, if you order a custom stock you may be able to get it done by the factory if they have the necessary pattern.

Nick
Old March 16, 2006, 11:52 AM   #3
araebisu
Registration in progress

thanks, but how likely is it that i would damage the stock? i would not want to mess it up. how should i go about getting it to fit?
Old March 16, 2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Wildalaska

Quote:
thanks, but how likely is it that i would damage the stock? i would not want to mess it up. how should i go about getting it to fit?
We have done those conversions. There are time consuming and difficult for evenfolks who have experience in stock making.

WildnotahomejobAlaska
Old March 16, 2006, 12:18 PM   #5
araebisu
Registration in progress

so this guy is full of 'it' thanks, i wont be trying this mod now