The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 22, 2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Lancero-Colombia

Robar np3??

Guys I am new on the forums thing, I have a lot of questions and not a lot of people to ask, I have a PX4 9mm, and I am very intrigue about the robar np3 treatment and also about the grip texture modification, it looks awesome and I want it for mine, but before investing the money I just wanna make sure with you guys that are very knowledgable in this topics, if is worth the money and the time, because is like 8 weeks(I wonder if it takes that long too) and also the pros and cons of this, I also would like a recomendation on the sights because I was thinking about the tritium sights.

thanks for the attention.
Old April 22, 2009, 09:53 PM   #2
kgcoker

NP3

Our law enforcement agency had about 1000 guns finished. The finish came off many of them and the manufacturer replaced all the guns no charge. My issued gun never lost the finish - I took care of it and purchased it from the manufactuer.

I still have it.

Sweat from some individuals seemed to really play havoc with some of the guns.

I probably take better care of my gun than the average officer.

KG
Old April 23, 2009, 09:31 PM   #3
WC145

Quote:
Our law enforcement agency had about 1000 guns finished. The finish came off many of them and the manufacturer replaced all the guns no charge. My issued gun never lost the finish - I took care of it and purchased it from the manufactuer.
Who are you working for that they're sending guns off to be refinished with anything, let alone NP3? You're looking at about $300 a gun retail and even if they knocked off 50% for volume you're still talking $150k. I don't know any agency with that kind of money laying around.

A far as the Storm, unless you want to do it for the look, your gun doen't need NP3 to protect the finish. Reworking the grip is up to you but since you can swich out the front and back straps I'd try to work with the factory set up for while first.
Old April 24, 2009, 08:46 PM   #4
lietzey1

i bought a glock off my buddy about 3 yrs ago. the finish on the slide was pretty worn...not a lot of maintenance on his part. i sent the slide, barrel, and pins to robar and had the np3 put on. makes cleaning very easy. seems to be very durable and looks pretty sweet too. i would say its worth it.