The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 6, 2013, 05:32 AM   #101
Sheriff Gotcha

I have 2 young children a girlfriend and 2 part time jobs lol. I think that petty much says it all.
Old December 8, 2013, 11:47 AM   #102
jackpine

at the moment I'm actually cutting back on what I have to what is needed rather than "wow thats cool"
Old December 8, 2013, 06:31 PM   #103
tekarra

Like many others I would first of all say money. However, I live in a city and it is getting more annoying shooting at commercial ranges as they come up with more restrictions on shooting protocol. Rules may be imposed upon them for several reasons but it does take some of the fun out of shooting
Old December 8, 2013, 08:28 PM   #104
chaim

I have a fair number of guns (though no where near what many on the gun forums I'm on have). I have slowed down, and may be selling a few, for a few reasons (listed more or less in order of importance).

-Money. I am a teacher so I'm far from rich, and I have a number of other priorities for my money. I have a 3 year plan to pay off most of my debt and save up a down payment to buy a house. I may actually sell a few of my more expensive guns (at least one I'll likely replace) to help speed up this process.

-13-15 years in the hobby. I'm at a point where I've bought and traded/sold off quite a few guns over the years. I'm no longer buying guns just to have or try something and no longer feel I have to try/own everything I can. At this point, I'm going more for quality over quantity (I look for quality, being the best fit for a niche I need, or historical significance).

-Space. I live in an apartment/condo and only have room for so many guns and so much ammo.

-I'm single, I'm Jewish, and while I don't exclusively date Jewish women, I do date many Jewish women. Jewish women who aren't Orthodox (and I haven't been Orthodox in years) tend to be pretty liberal. Heck, here in MD, I'd say 70% of the women I meet (Jewish or not) are liberal. Liberals aren't particularly pro-gun. I don't want to own so many that they think I'm totally crazy and are turned away (though, my 20 or so has had quite a few women think I'm a nut). Like I said, my 20 or so has had several women think I'm gun crazy already, and some women (even some of the liberal women I've dated) either didn't care or were actually interested in guns, so this is a pretty minor consideration (i.e. for the woman who is right for me, guns won't be a problem).
Old December 9, 2013, 01:00 AM   #105
Omaha-BeenGlockin

Money, money and money---or lack thereof

Have been slowly rebuilding the collection with low cost/high value guns-----2 or 3 more and I'll be done buying guns for a long, long time.
-------Metallica
Old December 9, 2013, 07:00 AM   #106
rebs

I am retired and enjoying it very much, house is paid off, credit cards are paid off, Yukon is paid off, wifes Tahoe is paid off. Now all I have are the regular monthly utilities, insurances, etc. I am looking for a decent deal on a Sig P220 and a 223 bolt action rifle.
Old December 9, 2013, 12:22 PM   #107
Shadow9mm

no money