The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 5, 2005, 06:33 PM   #1
monkeymunch

590 mossberg problems

I got my first shotgun,a marine corte 590. it was used and the first time I took it out I found that everytime I rack the slide the safty jumps on about 1/4" stopping the next round from being fired. this happens every round. Not really what I want for my home defence gun. I thought as did some others that it might be the detent ball or spring so I ordered both and tore it down today. everything it intack inside. what elst could the problem be? I also bought the block that the saftey screw goes in to but that looks fine as well. please help. does mossberg have any warrenty that might cover this?
Old October 5, 2005, 06:59 PM   #2
RevolverLover

Yes Mossberg has a warranty but I don't know if they will service your shotgun under it because it was used. Give them a call and see what happens.
Old October 5, 2005, 11:09 PM   #3
monkeymunch

will see

I will call them tomarrow but I would really like to fix it myself. Is the safety block the same on the 590 and the 500 because the new one I got was for a 500 and is slightly different shape than mine. so I Did not use it + I was suprised that mine was actuallt marine coated. any other thoughts.