The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 4, 2012, 02:42 AM   #1
wayneinFL

SIG P250 holster

I'm beginning to like the SIG P250, but can't find a holster for it. I even went down to my local gun store and tried a factory SIG holster and THAT didn't fit, either.

I have frames in full size, compact, and subcompact, so I'm interested in your experience with any of them.
Old October 4, 2012, 06:39 AM   #2
foxytwo

There are a few holster makers out there that make a holster for the P250, Galco being one of them. There are others, just google leather holster for sig P250. I have a compact P250 that I carry in a holster of my own making. I love it and can carry it all day with no problems.
Old October 4, 2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Misssissippi Dave

For concealed carry:

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/

Ryan makes them for all sizes of P250s.

I have a nylon holster that will hold a P250 of any size and it has a mag pouch as part of the holster. It will hold a P226 or a P229 with a laser on the rail. I just can't think of where I got it from. It is good enough for the range or just walking the woods. I would never consider it a concealed carry holster.
Old October 4, 2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Technosavant

I have some from Crossbreed- their Supertuck (IWB) and their Snapslide (OWB). They are excellent.

You will need to keep in mind that the subcompact frame (if unrailed) is different enough to not work in the same holsters that will accept both the compact and full size frames. If you want to carry all three sizes you will need at least two holsters.
Old October 4, 2012, 05:13 PM   #5
wpsdlrg

You did not specify the STYLE of holster you'd like. So, I'll suggest one that I really like. The Gould and Goodrich Yaqui belt slide holster. Either #801-G20 (brown), or #B801-G20 (black)....fit the P250c perfectly. They will also fit the full-size P250 with no problems....and the SC version as well.

The advantage of the Yaqui slide holster is twofold. First, since the type is an open bottom, belt slide type, it will automatically fit any barrel/ slide length of the same model, as long as the cross - sectional dimensions are close to the same. And, several different gun models (close in cross-section) will fit. Second, this holster has 2 tension adjustment screws, so the retention can be easily adjusted.....and the fit fine-tuned. So, this is a very flexible holster.

The Yaqui also sits close to the body, at least, as long as you wear your belt cinched fairly tightly. It is easy to conceal a compact sized gun with this holster. I carry my P250c and my (compact size) Stoeger Cougar....both pretty different in shape, but VERY close in overall size, using the Yaqui (though not the same holster - two different model #'s). They conceal nicely under a loose, untucked shirt.

The disadvantage is the same as with all similar style holsters - it doesn't offer much protection for the gun. This doesn't bother me - I can't stand a full pancake style holster anyway (digs into my side too much).
Old October 4, 2012, 06:07 PM   #6
wayneinFL

I'm looking for all kinds of holsters. I was originally looking at Kydex, but didn't find too much out there.

I want an OWB holster for the full size, something for USPSA and IDPA. IWB for the compact, and maybe IWB for subcompact. I found the subcompact works pretty well with a size 4 Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It takes big pockets. It also works in my Smartcarry.
Old October 4, 2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Misssissippi Dave

One of the nylon holsters I have that will hold a P229 with cheap laser on the rail will also hold the full size, compact or sub compact P250 in .45. This is the only caliber I have all 3 sizes in for the P250. It is an airsoft holster.

http://www.taigear.com/html/tg206.html

I have the black one. It is the one for just knocking around in the woods or range use.

The leather holsters I mentioned before are well made. I have a City Slicker and the Country Boy for my P6 and both work very well. I think they will last years longer than I will. For concealed carry holsters this is the person I always go to first.
Old October 5, 2012, 06:06 PM   #8
wnycollector

When I was seriously looking at the .40 p250sc, I emailed grandfatheroak to see if the would make me a hidden companion iwb holster for the new sig. I got an email a few days later telling me that they can make holsters for both the compact and subcompact p250's.