The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old June 19, 2009, 09:09 PM   #151
OuTcAsT

Deleted, due to weariness of trying to persuade closed minds.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; June 19, 2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: why try ?
Old June 19, 2009, 09:49 PM   #152
Beentown71

The perps choices are not my responsibility. If someone is trying to take my property on my property (just an I.E.) I will confront him (probably yell at them) while or after calling 911. I will then try and secure my property. If he chooses to escalate the situation that is his bad choice. The only instance where my weapon would be drawn is if I felt myself or loved ones life was in danger.

Life is full of many risks. It is not in me to LET someone do my family harm (finances or bodily). I am not looking for a confrontation at all. All they have to do is make the correct secondary choice and leave.

Beentown
Old June 19, 2009, 10:21 PM   #153
Donn_N

Sorry, but if you voluntarily go into a confrontation with a thief carrying a weapon, you are demonstrating the willingness to kill or get killed over property.
That you could get killed is the dirty little fact that no one likes to address. There is no guarantee the good guy (you, presumably) will prevail. The assumption is always, "If he makes a threatening move, I'll just plug 'em." Yeah, well, it doesn't always work out so neatly. So by entering into the confrontation, you not only express a willingness to kill to protect property, but also the willingness to die for it, which is even worse.

Whether or not the the property is used to make a living is immaterial. That's what insurance is for. If you don't have insurance on valuable items that enable you to make a living and feed your family, you're a fool.
Old June 19, 2009, 10:49 PM   #154
easyG

I'm rather surprised that so many here claim that they would never shoot someone over mere "property".

In the right circumstances, I certainly would.
Old June 19, 2009, 11:00 PM   #155
Texas Rifleman

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”

Don't be a pacifist. Standing for your life and freedoms are never free. What if our boys in WWII said, "Well gee. We should just avoid Germany because we could get killed if we went over there and tried to stop them."
Old June 19, 2009, 11:35 PM   #156
supergas452M

This good man is not going to do nothing.

What's this criminal gonna do? Tell his lawyer "I was minding my own business, taking this guys stereo out of his car, not harming anyone, and the owner walks up tells me to get out of the car and leave. I laughed at him and said "yeah right!". "Next thing I know the owner pulls his .45 and caps me in the knee cap!"

"I wanna sue."

I'm sure there are some no account lawyers out there that will take his case, if his family has money.

I have to shake my head at people that are so scared of being sued that they will lay down and take it from the dredge of the earth. I will risk being tried by 12 or 6 to fight wrong. The perp is the one that makes the call when he decides to commit a crime.

Bobby Knight, I believe is the moron that was quoted as saying...

"If rape is inevitable, lay back and enjoy it."

If not he, than my apologies to him.

If you want to accept rape and choose to enjoy it, fine. Just, please, don't try to sway me to your way of thinking.

You people that think that killing to protect property from those that would take it criminally is reprehensible, are reprehensible to me.

I will now back out of this one, my opinion is on record.

Feel free to flame away, starting with you WildAlaska, even though your comments will be wasted upon me, as I have chosen to ignore your incessant drivel.
Old June 19, 2009, 11:46 PM   #157
Wildalaska

Quote:
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

WildbattelofthequotesAlaska TM
Old June 19, 2009, 11:55 PM   #158
Wildalaska

Quote:
Feel free to flame away, starting with you WildAlaska, even though your comments will be wasted upon me, as I have chosen to ignore your incessant drivel.
Cool. Then I can say thumpthump without fear of hateful verbal retaliation that makes me sob brokenly.

What an easy world some folks live in.... as someone who reveled in violence once said....Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

WildoldiosipdhzugashvilismostfamousquoteAlaska TM
Old June 20, 2009, 12:32 AM   #159
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Ya know, I've pondered about reasons to close this, but hell, I can't find one to keep it open, and quite frankly, I'm tempted to flip the selector switch on my ban button to full auto. .

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread